Jeff Pollard announces entry into TSRS for 2004 se

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Jeff Pollard announces entry into TSRS for 2004 season

Jeff Pollard, a Houston resident who finished third in the 2003 points standings for the Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS), announced today his commitment to run the series for the 2004 racing season.

"I'm very happy with the way things went for TSRS in its first season," said Pollard, who drove the black #17 car. "While there are certainly things that could be improved - as it would be with any first-year series - I enjoyed running in the series and enjoyed the way the series was run." Pollard added, "I met a lot of nice people in the series this year, including officials, administrators and fellow racers and race fans. There was a great camaraderie in the series between the officials and the drivers in particular, and I think the series is going to do nothing but grow in the future."

Pollard had a stellar season on the track while running in the series. He started 11 races and claimed 10 top-10 finishes. He won two TSRS races - on April 5th at Thunder Hill Raceway and July 26th at Houston Motorsports Park - and also landed seven top-5 finishes in 2003.

Pollard cited one advantage to running the series - which ran at three different tracks and ran about twice a month - as being able to spend quality time with friends and family. "The grind of weekly racing at a local track may be good for some, but I liked having time off during the race season," said Pollard, whose wife Leigh Ann is expecting the couple's first child in early December. "When I ran on a weekly basis, I would be ready for some kind of break midway through the season. Plus, I really couldn't plan any social events. The TSRS officials announced their schedule early on, so I knew what weekends we were running and which weekends I could use for quality time with friends and family. That's going to be particularly important to me and Leigh Ann after we have our child."

Pollard and his wife are expecting their new child any day now - the baby watch is on in Houston!

Archived