Street tires in pure stock?

RedTornado

Here are the Tire Rules for the Pure Stock Class.

5. Wheels and Tires

5.1: Steel wheels only with maximum width of 8 inches and a maximum height of 15 inches.

5.2: Wheels may have any offset.

5.3: After market wheels are allowed but no lighter than 19 lbs. No lightweight wheels allowed.

5.4: Maximum tire width allowed is 8 inches.

5.5: Hoosier G60 IMCA or American Racer 15KK704 // 15KK704-short tires only.

5.6: No grooving on tires allowed.

5.7: Any Spacers allowed.

5.8: 5/8 inch studs required on all wheels.

Regular street tires are also allowed.

Cassy, maybe ask and dont just turn a car away because street tires isnt going to help him. Some people might cant afford 4 g60 tires when they have street tires. It will surely help the track make the purse since that seems to be an issue of what they can pay and what they cant. Please make some consolidations for cars to race and not just the same 12 cars every week.

Danielson Motorsports-

Yes, car count affects what a track can pay, unless you're NASCAR...

You dont say? I am trying to keep from losing cars on here. I am fully aware what it takes to pay drivers did it for several years and was successful doing it. Put a pay structure together and post it instead of guessing the night we race. 5 cars pays this, 10 cars pays this and so on. Trust me you will have your hands full even if you think you have all the bases covered. Darn near every track pays based on car counts. Its a fair question that other people have been asking for a while now.

BTW thanks Cassy for working together and resolving that...

"It will surely help the track make the purse since that seems to be an issue of what they can pay and what they cant."

Sorry, but the above sentence from your post made it seem as if you weren't aware of it.

No offense.

Yes, they could post what other tracks do, five cars pays such-and-such, but suppose they get a sponsor for the class, or pick up enough advertising to add to the purse? As noted, some of the drivers didn't seem worried about the total, which of course may vary, but about the winner's share in each class.

Stay with us. Some of these folks haven't been involved in racing before, and they're trying very hard to make I-37 Raceway succeed for drivers, fans and owners.

There are alot of knowledgable guys that can help, give you an idea and worst case ideas. I see drivers staying at home if you cant come up with something. You cant simply expect drivers to come race automatically just because the track opens. Just alittle bit more structure can go a long ways. I maybe wrong about it but if you know what to expect before you go to the payout window or thereabouts then a driver cant be surprised and leave pissed off. Its easy to add money when you get a sponsor or someone to add to the purse. Just announce it at the drivers meeting. Oh man my head is hurting I got to eat something!

Now that street tires are ok.. I'm thinking I should try my luck on the beadlock situation... Make it optional, you don't have to run one to be fast, but It can possibly cut down on tire costs (less tires rolled off, the longer they are around). STS allows one... Just a suggestion, don't shoot me for asking.

• 2 weeks later...
Can a ten inch tire be used if it is a street tire? If not I have a set of 295/50/15 that are practically brand new if anyone is interested.

No 10" tires in the Pure Stock Class.

Hoosier G60 IMCA or American Racer 15KK704 // 15KK704-short tires or Regular DOT's.

8" max

Archived