Tell us about it

play day was a good time, avoided the rain the whole day when it looked like we wouldnt. Track was in good condition, tackiest its been in awhile, ruts here and there, but no complaints on my end.

In my opinion, I have seen the track alot better. there it was lots of water goin into turn 1 then dry slick in turn 2. Turn 3 had some holes.

but Its the best its been this year

they have alot of work to do on the bleachers and restrooms before friday

...still waiting to see the payout...

In my opinion, I have seen the track alot better. there it was lots of water goin into turn 1 then dry slick in turn 2. Turn 3 had some holes.

but Its the best its been this year

they have alot of work to do on the bleachers and restrooms before friday

...still waiting to see the payout...

Since you noticed the things that need work, how about volunteering a bit of your time and energy at the track? I'm pretty sure they would welcome the help!

Nick

this thread was kinda started as what seemed like a suggestion letter nick.

it seemed to me to be opinions directed towards that.

Boy Nick your full of nothing but great ideas. Let us remind you they are the ones that bought the track with their ideas of how to run it. We have been to the track to help out. We have also purchased parking spots, registered our cars and we plan to purchase pit passes every week they race. Because the first practice was a joke and the second wasnt much better I was hoping like hell todays was going to be better. Sounds like it was and thats all I wanted to know due to the fact we raced last night. I'm sure your wealth of knowledge of the sport will inform us how we can further support the track we plan on racing at every week.

I guess I should have never suggested that anyone pitch in to help.

I'm sure there are a lot of folks that have indeed helped out at the track. Sounds like it anyway. This is good because I know that every track owner/promoter in Texas is looking for all the help they can get. If you're among those who have been pitching in, I'm sure your help is mightily appreciated.

Nick

track was better, had clay on surface. making it better a little at a time. important thing is that they are improving not the opposite. track was good enough to tell me that if they had been able to use the sheeps foot it would have probably been a pretty good surface.

Its alot of hard work and its take sticking with it every week. One thing that might help is if they can grade that track after the race or the next day then they have a whole week of water which includes mother nature. If mother nature is filling up rots full of water then its going to be a bigger rot the coming week. It would make it very easy for themselves to take full advantage of rain like today. Other wise your killing yourself waiting for the rots to dry out before you can put a heavy grader on it and not cause bigger rots.

Archived