Just a suggestion.

Dont take this comment as a negative but more as just another opinion from a different point of view of a track decision.

Judgement calls against drivers are difficult at best to deal with because its obviously not a black and white decision being made, its an opinion of what an official sees or thinks what he sees. That opinion right or wrong could be shared easily amongest officials and still be right or wrong. A call was made last night against the mods of #44 and #66. I am not argueing about if it was right or wrong please understand my opinion. While running in the 5th spot #66 and 6th spot #44, the #66 mod in the middle of turns 3 and 4 had a moment when the rear tires skated for mirely a second which it took the driver a second to correct the car obviously losing momentum while doing so. Because the mods were running nose to tail from 3rd place to aprox. 9th place the #44 car had accidently got into the #66 mod ever so slightly but noneless it got him out of shape and then the domino effect started because of the tight tight racing. Now mind you the #66 never got spun but just bairly touched by the #44 mod but the #44 mod was turned because of the domino effect. Also cars that ended up turned were the #89 mod and #37 mod. The tracks "judgement" call from the track was as follows both #66 mod and #44 mod were both equally at fault and both went to the back. #89 and #37 went back to their positions. Myself I have mixed emotions. I didnt feel that both cars #66 and the #44 should have been penaltized. My opionion if the #66 mod checked up bad enough to cause a wreck behind him then yes he alone should have went to the back and not including the #44 mod. However in my opinion I dont feel #66 did enough to warrant being put to the back. My opinion the track conditions were so awesome that the accidient was due to the fact most of the cars were running nose to tail all out. Throughout the race I saw several cars check up and correct themselves causing the driver behind him to have to avoid contact or use the opportunity to pass the car out of shape. When the tracks starts to ask the drivers to drive the perfect race and not upset someone else that is behind him then that is starting to ask alittle too much of a driver that is already racing all out with 15 other cars. There is going to be accidents that are simply a product of close tight racing. Every car has a driver, a steering wheel, a brake and a gas pedal. Its unfortanate that ever accident has a victum that wasnt really at fault but this sharing the cause of the accident is a BS call. A driver should never get put to the back unless the official knows 100% he was at fault . Only in my opinion if the officials didnt see the accident should both cars go to the back due to nobody seeing it. But in this case they said both cars were at fault. Judgement calls are very touchy. The 44 or the 66 should of went to the back not both. Please remember we are not just racing the other 15 cars at the track we are racing for points against 400 other cars that night at different tracks. We simply chose to do it at your track at times. I respect Owens honesty and his hard work. I personally know how tough a job he has been there and done that, not easy. So with all of this said please use this situation as a learning situation and try not to share responsibilities of who all had a hand in the accident but merely who had the best opportunity of avoiding the accident. Thanks I now you will do your best and thanks for the nice track! As crew chief of the #66 we apoligize to the #44 mod for both cars getting tangled up and removing us both from a top 5 finish, better luck next week.

Edited by Danielsen Motorsports

If a caution comes out somebody caused it. Sometimes the call is for you sometimes it's against you. Normally when a situation as you describe somebody ends up on the wrecker and it's seldom the guy in front that got sideways and caused the wreck.

We took what was delt out right or wrong didnt argue about, we even questioned Owen afterwards . I just hate seeing two good cars going to the back when it should have been one or the other but not both. This type of situation happens every week in every class. First time to see a track make both go to the back.

unfortunately the #66 car has caused a pileup two weeks in a row by slightly checking up on track. and this has caused considerable damage to following cars trying to miss or evade the out of control #66. when a car is crossed up on track, it is the one that initiates the caution and should go to back. at a lot of tracks, the promoter eliminates the problem of judgement calls and sends all involved to back. involved being defined as "if you made contact, you are involved " anytime there is a caution someone needs to go to back, period....if you spun out, stopped on track, spun someone out intentionally, your debris on track, etc. as far as #66 involved incidents, video shows the who started the problem, who tried to miss, and who ran over who without trying to miss. good job owen for trying to get it right.

I want to start out by saying, I fully respect the ruling on the track made by Owen. I talked with Owen afterwards and he explained the reason for his decesion. I also would like to thank the drivers behind me that were able to aviod me and anyone else that had to check up. I want to apoligize to Joey Heineman ?{spelling} #44 for having to go to the back. I feel after knowing all the details, I solely should have been sent to the rear. Again a very well prepaired and fast track and as always a very professional and curtious staff. Randy Yount

Every car during the feature and I mean every car in the feature, maybe not Lawrence, did exactly what the 66 car did at some point during the race. Not one car ran the perfect lap each lap. However most of the drivers doing the checking up didnt have someone else helping him around. When the 66 checked up the 44 was breathing down his neck for that spot with several others breathing down his neck. Wrong place at the wrong time. Again I thought the 44 or 66 should of got their spot back like the 89 and 37 did thats it.