Line-up

To All Drivers:

I am sorry there were problems with the line-up last. STS is using new software for this year with IMCA and there was a computer gleech. Mainly the operator being me. I have work out the problems and next race should be much easier. Again, I am sorry for the problems. Be patient with me on learning all the ins and outs of IMCA and the computer program.

Thank you so much for your support and understanding.

I appreciate you posting that comment cause I surely did not understand the lineup on Saturday nite. Have raced many IMCA shows and have never won a heat and started so far back in the pack(fifth row outside) and my son won his heat and started pretty far back(sixth row inside). No big deal but hope you get the glitches worked out. Thanks again for the explanation, Clay Huston.

Hey Clay the lineups were off alittle in the heats but for the main they seemed right to me....since you had no point average you would have to start in the back of your heat and for the main if you finished in the 3 three of your heat it makes no difference since the top 12 total qualify then they go by point average putting the cars like yourself and tj in the back of the top 12... but next time sts races since you dropped out last week and now have a low point average you will start towards the front of your heat and if you make the top 12 total you will start towards the front in the main.

I know yall have been to alot of big shows in imca and that format is alot different so im just trying to clear some confusion up.

Frank is correct and to do any claiming you must have a point average as well.

haha damn i guess i missed out.....but to correct you on the claiming you have to be there 3 consecutive nights then you are eligible to claim on the 3rd night....you get a point average after one night of racing and you lose it if you miss two consecutive nights.

i know its pretty complicated but after a while it grows on you.

http://www.imca.com/rules.php?divisionid=10

heres how its reads

1. Any driver that finished in the top 20 in point standings at that track the previous year is eligible to claim opening night. Driver must have been at track on opening night to claim second night. Following that, no driver may claim unless they competed at that track the two previous consecutive sanctioned track point events.

1. Any driver that finished in the top 20 in point standings at that track the previous year is eligible to claim opening night. Driver must have been at track on opening night to claim second night. Following that, no driver may claim unless they competed at that track the two previous consecutive sanctioned track point events.

Your leaving out the most important part of the rule. There's 3 parts to this rule.

1. Top 20 in last years points at that track and those guys are eligible to claim. Well track was not IMCA last year so throw that one out.

2. No driver can claim unless they raced at that track 2 previous consecutive weeks. Only the guys that have races both weeks are eligible this week.

3. Driver must have been at track opening night to claim week 2. Throw that out again because they were not imca last year to qualify.

Edited by Danielsen Motorsports