A Little Respect

As we all know, the issue has been addressed before.

I would like to think that it was not easily forgotten, however, last night's display of running karts during the prayer and national anthem indicates a major lack of respect. We should make every effort possible to be as respectful as we can during those moments, after all, because of veterans, active soldiers, reserve military and anyone else who has ever served our country, they are why we can race.

Think about it and then thank one................JMO

Sounds like there was probably a lack of communication instead of lack of respect.

That may very well be, however, when this same thing has been done at the beginning of each night for how many years and then if you just look up, you may just happen to see the entire grandstands standing facing the flag. Shut the karts down until then. Not a hard concept...........there really is no excuse. JMO

It was not a lack of respect, it was very mucha lack of communication. Owen told the press box to prepare for the Nathional Anthem and prayer for after the go-kart practice. The press box misunderstood and started the National Anthem immediately.

Pink Posse, you are always trying to start something and never give Owen a break. He is trying every hard to give you a place to race and the only thing you seem to do is be very critical. Mistakes happen and last night was the first time in many race that the problem has occured.

Gotta disagree about the lack of respect on Owens part or the staff...WE should be thankfull we have STS to race at.. perhaps we should blame the parents that did not tell the children to shut them off. NO AGAIN!!.. IT WAS A MISTAKE THAT HAPPENED... Owen is ONE man doing a great job.. THINGS HAPPEN... will again along the way.. this happens at nearly all tracks.. BIG and SMALL..at least he did not lose his top during halftime...SEE IT HAPPENS ON NATIONAL TELEVISION TOO..but private P.M.s are a good thing.. unless you are trying to make one look bad...frank t

Hey, Nick the Nazi, How come it is anytime anything negative is said about other tracks and promoters you get your ass on here and stop it. Once again you are doing a great job of screwing things up. thanks for your support.

Other than that I have to totally agree with Frank. Thank you Owen for giving us a great place to race. [edited out by Nick Holt, 3/9/08] JMO

BAM

Haven't seen a pink car in a while. The first time we do, we start getting negative comments again. If people would spend more time working on the cars, less time looking for something to complain about, some of the cars would get faster and the racing will get even better. Thanks for all your work Owen, keep up the good work.

I think it is a real good idea if you have a problem pm someone do not get on here and starte bullsh-- about something that happened that can not be corected now give your point of view and wait for his replie I dont race there this year because my class did not have that many cars with the other track running the same class so i just watch right now we might get to race with the small car count they have had the last two weekend you never know you might watch what you say the man you are complaning about is the owner of the local track and if iam right works for the track down the road you might not have a place to race the little pink car of yours JMO

no question (without seeing, personally , lately) owen is a 1st class promoter/operator.....

i'm all for prayer , and the 1st one to want to kick you in the a$^ if you are not standing up for the raising of THE flag. but it seems like a miscommunication from what i hear. it happens at every track once in awhile , and yes during opening ceromonies.

so i have to agree with the majority of comments here-

have "a little respect" for the guy chewing the fat , and walking through hell on sunday to give YOU a place to race before you start trying to meassure his morales. jmo

Well I geuss my first post was a little harsh or something because it hasnt got posted............:Damn it sucks being on this MODERATOR thing" but hey Owen and the rest of the STS crew your doing an awsome job and it shows. Just look 3 years and not any problems with getting cars and fans to show up. It was cold last night and still had a fairly good turn out in the stands,the pits were packed all the way to the back.Just forget what some people say and go on with the show cause "STS has got it going on". Its provin over the past few years "ITS THE PLACE TO BE ON SATERDAY NIGHTS". ;)

First off, since when does WE spell 0-W-E-N? I did not at any time single out Owen or any of the rest of the STS staff. As for the promotion of the track, I've never, intentionally as some of YOU would say, put down Owen for any way that he chooses to run the track.

As for princessmarcia, I don't see where you have any clue about how we support the track. I believe that our entry fees, car fees, admission etc. supports STS like everyone else's money that gets taken @ the gate. There are plenty of other people who are far more critical of Owen than the pink posse. There was no critisism directed toward Owen.

As for LooseLugs, the pink car has nothing to do with the National Anthem. If you want to talk crap, why don't you PM the driver? I didn't open this post to discuss the pink car!

As for all of the rest of you, the ones keeping the negativity going is YOU. You have all taken one statement and dissected it to fit your own agenda. I can accept the miscommunication as a simple mistake, it seems to be those of you looking for a fight that can't let it be.....and Owen, THANKS FOR GIVING US A PLACE TO RACE. :D

OK. I guess this thread has gone far enough. Everyone seems to have had their say. It was apparently a simple mis-communication.

I do not know all the "ins" and 'outs" of racing in CC, but I do know that a public war between the tracks or private wars between individuals who seem to be carrying personal grudges is not what Texas Speed Zone is all about.

Shrimp, I am leaving your bash against me personally up since this is probably the nicest thing you have ever written to me or about me. However, I am removing your bash against the other CC area track.

Having been around racing as long as I have, I know that you can't please everyone no matter how impartial you may feel you are being.

Nick

Archived