South Alabama Rattler

Vir

Grant Enfinger won ahead of Wayne Anderson and Corey Ruble. Casey was the fastest car in the field until a lapped car nailed him into the wall coming out of turn 4. Casey had extensive damage to his car. He and Enfinger were putting on a show as they were in a class of their own. I am just glad Casey did not get hurt. Chris Davidson had medical problems and did not race. I talked to Greg Sunday, and he said they had picked up Chris from the hospital and were on their way back to a Houston hospital. If anyone knows anything about Chris' condition, I would appreciate it if they would post it. Steven Davis won the PLM race by a mile, but was DQ'd for too much left side weight. This made Ryan Crane the winner. I think the competition in the SLM class this year will be between Casey and Grant. Both of them are great kids I love to root for.

Just To let everybody know Chris is ok He had a Back injury sometime ago and it flared up again about two weeks ago but it caught up with him and he had to make a trip to a hospital in Opp (that was a trip) but after some medication we loaded him up In the hauler and came back to Texas He is going to the doctor today to see what needs to be done to repair the problem.

That was one of the hardest hits I have seen. I was tickled to see Casey climb out of that pile of debris. He was the only one who had anything for Grant. I said above that the car responsible was lapped, but I found out he was not. He was just a tail ender. It is hard to lap anyone at SAS due to the rule you don't lose a lap while pitting under caution. Personally, I think it is a great rule as it keeps cars on the lead lap and makes the race more interesting. I sure hope Casey can get his car fixed before the first Blizzard race. I used to enjoy coming to Texas to see my granddaughters and go to the SLM races in Houston. Sure wish they would bring back SLM racing to the state of Texas.