Question for the superstocks

gary2

Texana gives bicycles away to the kids at the track .I was wondering if all the drivers would like to donate a bike or cash. I have been to the last 2 and been in the stands and watched the kids ,they think it christmas again.Monty can tell us how many was donated last year I think it has grown bigger than the year before. We can do it as TEAM or you can do it by yourself,We are not on that weekend but i will be there...If everbody wants to do something like that we can get together at the track and work out the details I donated 1 last year , I will start it I am going to donate 2 this year

I'm glad you brought this up!..... This has turned out to be an amazing annual outpouring of genorisity from the drivers and the track itself. Last year, there were about 35 individual bicycles given away, and numerous other give-aways such as footballs, basketballs, frisbees, etc..

This started out several years ago with the dwarf car drivers and has grown into a large demonstration of genoristy by all classes, and a much anticipated event by the youngsters. Lauren and I generally bring two bicycles, various teams bring bicycles and people chip in together to bring bicycles. The track also purchases several bikes and many of the other give-aways.

It is a very heart-warming event to be involved with and a great way to advertise for your sponsors or your class. We always place a laminated sign on the bicycles we donate to recognize our sponsors. It would be great if the SLMS / Supers went together and did this as a class.

Archived