Write-up about Brazos Valley Speedway

wolfpack1

There are always going to be those people that will fight it,it sounds like they are using the alcohol license or sales as a excuse,just don't sell alcohol at the track. That will take away one excuse. Some of the longest running tracks are in areas where they can't sell alcohol. Hope for the best.

There are always going to be those people that will fight it,it sounds like they are using the alcohol license or sales as a excuse,just don't sell alcohol at the track. That will take away one excuse. Some of the longest running tracks are in areas where they can't sell alcohol. Hope for the best.

I agree with the quote above. Open the track first and get it going. Then after its been established, apply for a beer license. Sure can't see holding off the opening of the track just because there is no beer license. Been to many tracks around the country where they did not sell any alcohol and the crowds still showed up. I can understand the locals concern about drunk drivers, etc. but I also think that once they see that the racing crowd is not all that rowdy they may have a change of heart after a while. :)

Guest HUFF MOTORSPORTS

WOLFPAK,

I DON'T DRINK, BUT I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH OTHER FOLKS THAT DO

AS LONG AS ITS IN MODERATION.

THIS BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF HOT ROD HILL & THE NOISE SITUATION.

IT'S SAD THAT IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY. I DO KNOW THAT I HAVE HAD FAMILY

MEMBERS KILLED BY DRUNK DRIVERS. BUT PEOPLE ARE GONNA DO WHAT THEIR

GONNA DO.

AFTER GOING THROUGH WHAT WE DID AT HRH I WOULD JUST GO FOR GETTING

THE TRACK OPEN, AND THEN GO ON FROM THERE. IS BEER THAT IMPORTANT TO

THE RACERS AND FANS I WOULD HOPE NOT. THE LEAST AMOUNT OF FRICTION

BETWEEN THE TRACK AND NEIGHBORS ARE AT BEST.

JUST KEEP IN MIND ALSO THAT THE TRACK WILL BE HELD LIABLE AND THAT MAY

CAUSE PROBLEMS LATER ON DOWN THE ROAD FOR THE TRACK.

I KNOW THAT WHEN I LEAVE THE TRACK I RACE AT I GO THE DIRECTION AWAY FROM

THE BEER JOINTS. ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN ANYTIME ANYWHERE YOU JUST NEVER

KNOW.

WHAT EVER THE OUT COME IS I WISH THE TRACK THE BEST.

YOUR FAVORITE

EASY PICKENS

Wolfpack. I agree that the license would go well with the restaurant plus other events they would hold there but why not a separate license for the restaurant to start with. Once that went in and the locals saw there was no increase in DWIs along their road then the other licenses could come easier. I agree, I do not like they BYOB thing either for the reasons given but from the sounds of your statements they are intent on applying for this license up front. Crazyhorse, I also agree with you completely. But we live in a NIMBY society and these things will occur more often than not. :wacko:

Archived