Thoughts about running on dirt

:D

Anyone considered it? We could run that lil track by waco or Texoma?? I think it would be wicked as heck. Change of tires would get us the height we need. Maybe we could go watch a race and talk with the PR guys.

I dunno, just trying to think of ways to add a unique twist to our venue. Covering all forms of racing would be sweet!!! Go play on asphalt oval, roadrace, dirt....DRAG!?!

DUDE!!!! you really don't know how bad i have always wanted to sidecar race....SERIOUSLY....but i need a crazy MONKEY (the rider who moves around...like a MONKEY!)!!!!!!! Would that be you?!?!?! roflmao.....i mean...doesn't look like you would touch the ground...MUCH!!!! roflmao

i wish one of the dirt tracks were here in the austin area. i would have both my boys out there. heck id do it myself. if my backyard was about an acre bigger i would build my own. but it is only big enough to park a car in

The group is having mixed emotions about running on dirt. Because we would need to change tire setups and purchase "dirt only" rims/tires, some of the group is frowning. I personally would love it. We would need to know what kind of ground clearance is required to run at such tracks. Right now, we barely clear a 2X4 laying flat with our seats. Also, the chassis might not take well to dirt. So, everything is up in the air untill we try it.

I could probably arrange getting a few guys together to run a "test". Pending the condition of the track. We couldn't run a super loose track.

i wish one of the dirt tracks were here in the austin area. i would have both my boys out there. heck id do it myself. if my backyard was about an acre bigger i would build my own. but it is only big enough to park a car in

Unfortunately your sons are a bit too young for our series, but you should come give it a try! I believe we will have 2 karts avalible for rent this year. Im not sure about the price, but I think it will be $150 for a night. It could be a good way to see if it's right for you.. circle track or road course

• 2 months later...
:D

Anyone considered it? We could run that lil track by waco or Texoma?? I think it would be wicked as heck. Change of tires would get us the height we need. Maybe we could go watch a race and talk with the PR guys.

I dunno, just trying to think of ways to add a unique twist to our venue. Covering all forms of racing would be sweet!!! Go play on asphalt oval, roadrace, dirt....DRAG!?!

SORRY, sometimes could be fun,but dirt is for growing corn an potatoes. Asphalt is made to race on. I've done both, but naskarts aren't made for dirt. sorry............Beaner

Archived