Test-n-Tune Day

SassyCassie14

We will be having a test-n-tune day Saturday Feb. 9th, starting at 12pm.

general admission - free

Pit Area:

Drivers: $25

Anyone else in pit area - $10

Even if you can't bring your car out, come on out and join us Saturday. Come take a look at all the changes that have been done, as of yet.

We will also be out there, doing the track registrations, IMCA registrations and pit parking. So come on out!!!!!!!!!

For the test-n-tune Saturday:

Gates open at 10:30 am, Practice starts at Noon.

The concession stand will be open as well.

And Gary Swenson will be selling fuel at the track.

I will have my stop watch with me as well. I sure hope that someone can beat that track record of 45 seconds, that Randy Borlace set.

Guest Top Dog Graphix

I went and filled it up with 75 cents worth of gas, and looked like donkey kong from mario kart riding the thing... I need to correct the front end, and balance it a bit more, it has about 70% rear weight right now..

Yesterday's Test-n-tune day went great. We had a total of 32 drivers come on out. We would like to thank Gary Swenson (SRC Performance) for the fuel and parts, as well as Frank Torres (24/7 Towing) for the wrecker service. Thank You.

Everyone had a blast, including our very own Joe Gonzales (proud track owner) who jumped in Gary Hunter's Super Stock car, and did a few laps. You should have seen the smile on his face. It was unforgettable. :D

We will be having another Test-n-Tune day in two weeks (Feb. 23). Same time, Same place.

And then the last Test-n-Tune day will be March 8th.

See you'll then.

brh50,

We had a decent track. we learned some important things with watering, we need to work on when we water. also have to work on the well a little. eric has some ideas and jim is going to have someone look at it. also, we have someone who has offered to come out and work the track this week.

that mini sprint that came out was wicked!

Everything looked good, you can see alot of work has taken place over the last month or so. You can see alot of ongoing work as well. We were excited to see alot of progress around the track. Good turn out for early Feb. but lets dont get too excited about the track conditions. It was pretty bad to say the least. For playday it was ok with 1 or 2 cars on the track but for sure was not close to real racing conditions. Please take this as constructive conplainting and not just being negative because we actually expected the track to be pretty bad. Trying to have your first playday in the middle of the day was a tall order to fill. Even if you had alot of experience working tracks it would have still been hard. My guess it will take at least 4 to 5 races before you start to understand what it will do under normal racing conditions. The wind was a killer and in South Tx it will always be your #1 problem. My only prayer going to the track was hoping the wind was blowing away from the stands and pits. For the most part it was thank god! Anyway I am sure it was a good learning experience and its something they will be able to build from. I like the dry track myself but its got to be smooth and dustfree for the fans. Most of your dust was coming from the super high line and the infield. It still was fun to see race cars and not be working for a nice change.

Archived