Results from the blown motor

• 3 months later...
KEWL....SO NOT AS BAD AS YOU THOUGHT....BUT....WHY DID THE MAGNET FLY OFF.....HHHMMMM :-)

AND FAST TIME FOR ME SATURDAY WAS 52.85

Hello. When you lighten those flywheels,depending on who is maching them, you cut to deep an sever the brass stud,or rivot that holds them in tack. You have to be very careful not to take to much off when milling. Later Beaner.......................

Did it do any damage to the rest of the motor? I always wondered what would happen (with the flywheel being off balance) if one came off.

As for balance. Those guys taking the balance shaft out,are in for big surprise when that engine lets go. That balance is for "harmony in the engine".Thats what keeps the moving parts as close to harmonic,as possible, outside of balancing the engine when you remove the balance shaft. Just a word of caution. Later,Beaner...

As for balance. Those guys taking the balance shaft out,are in for big surprise when that engine lets go. That balance is for "harmony in the engine".Thats what keeps the moving parts as close to harmonic,as possible, outside of balancing the engine when you remove the balance shaft. Just a word of caution. Later,Beaner...

I couldn't agree more...."Those guys" are in for a rude awakening!

Archived