Snowball Derby

Llamadog

Just wondering how many of you Texans will be coming to the Snowball Derby in Dec. I know the Davidson's, T Wade Welch, and Bubba Naumann will be there. I come out to see races at Houston with my son, so I have met several of you all. Would like to see as many of you as possible enter, especially Bandele, Hooks, and Chruminski (sp?).

• 2 weeks later...

Not racing, but will be there to watch it...

Will get to Pcola late Fri night.

Anybody else going this year?? If you haven't seen a Derby....there is just something magical about racing in Pcola the first of December.

Hope Freddie Q. can finally get him one this year.

Billy

Guest Justaracefan

I went back and read again and this is what I see:

In addition to the extensive behind-the-scenes coverage from the 51 team, Bob Dillner will also be covering the events for SPEED channel. The television camera will be at Five Flags Speedway to capture qualifying, the Snowflake 100 on Saturday night and the grand finale on Sunday afternoon, the Snowball Derby. Dillner will also conduct interviews with the winners of each of those races and it will be seen on SPEED channel’s “SPEED NEWS” program on Sunday, December 7th and December 14th at

7:00 pm (EST)

Bob Dilner covered the Derby for Speed Channel last year, and "Speed News" gave it about 5 minutes of basically results coverage.

As for a taped replay of it on any channel, don't look for it to happen.

Unfortunately, I ain't going, either..........I may use up Bandit's and SS44's cel phone batteries asking how it's going out there.

BTW--Noticed they finally posted the purse, $20,000 to win, $1250 to start.

Guest Justaracefan

I just looked at pictures on 51sports of Cywinski and Casey Smith's Cars the bodies on both look pretty tricked up but they are Awesome looking - does the Snowball have templates like Romco?

what is the difference between the Snowball and Snowflake races? Is it just the distance or differnet kinds of cars?

At the end of practice Thursday Chris Davidson was the fastest Texan running times in the neighborhood of 17.40's

Greg Davidson had engine problems and his crew swapped engines.

Bobby Gill jumped off of the trailer running 17.20's..... From the info I got this should be the fastest time run so far.

Still more practice this morning and qualifying starts at 6:00pmET.

As I get more information on the phone, I will post it on here.

Please if someone could list all of the Texas drivers that they know of attending the Snowball derby.

Current List

Greg Davidson

Chris Davidson

Mark Chrudimski

Casey Smith

Bubba Nauman

T. Wade Welch

H.E. Nauman

"Big" John Silverthorne

Add any Texas drivers to this list. I will be giving this list to my dad there in Pcola and he will be on the look out to gather as much information as he can on our fellow Texans. I will continue to edit this list for each driver.

T. Wade Welch and the #57 (not sure who that is) car got together in practice this morning on one of the straightaways. Looks like most of the damage was done to the rear end of the car and the rear axle. He was able to drive it off of the track. Supposedly he has a second car there.

Snowball Qual Times as follows.....

Chris Davidson 17.476

T. Wade Welch 17.443

Casey Smith 17.565

Bubba Nauman 17.568

Greg Davidson chose to withdraw from the Snowball and concentrate on the Snow Flake. No details were available

Fastest time was 17.013

only 4 cars were below 17.250

The official starting positions have not been posted as of this time.

On the others we either didn't get times or they are running in the Snow Flake race.

The 51sports site is reporting that Dave Mader III is on the pole, and that Casey Smith, among others, didn't make the top 30. Since Legend96 reported that Bubba Naumann was just a tick behind Casey, it looks as if he didn't make top-30 either, and both of the Austin boys will be in the last chance race.

Archived