Track Work Day

SassyCassie14

We will be having a Work Day at 9:00am at the track, Saturday (1-19-08).

If anyone would like to come on out and help us, that would be great. We would appreciate it.

We plan on painting the grandstands, fencing and poles. We will be expanding the spectator parking area, so we will be cutting grass, cutting down trees. Picking up trash. So on.

We will need paint brushes & rollers, tree trimmers, weed eaters, and anything else you think we will need.

If anyone can come on out saturday for the work day, that would be great. We could use some extra hands.

I will be there mapping out the pit parking, so that the drivers who have already paided for their spots, can get marked.

If anyone else would like to reserve a spot, come on out saturday and you can pick a spot that you want, (if it's still available). Just come find me.

If you can't make it out there saturday, we will be scheduling a test-n-tune day and you can do it then.

we still have spots available on the concrete pad (which are $100.00 each), along the driveway ($75.00), some $50.00 down at the bottom and then down along the highway ($25.00).

i will be doing car registrations and imca registrations as well.

Sorry we can't be there but the Kelly benefit has been sheduled for awhile now. Let us hope we both have a great turn out I know we need all the support from the racers as we can get. Maybe ya'll can come afterwards. The benefit will last until 1 am since the dance is from 9pm to 1 am. Hope to see ya there.

the high for saturday will be in the 50s. (chilly) ----yes bobby, good hunting weather. ;)

As far as right now, everything is still a go. but just in cause the weather decides to turn on us, please go ahead and check on here before you head out in the morning. either mark or myself will post if the work day gets cancelled.

Is there people out there working during the week next week Mon - Fri?, I may be able to get out a few hours a couple of days?

Answer is yes... If you'll call me, I can make sure there is someone out there when your are planning on going. (210)216-6275

Just talked with Jim. We have 30 gallons of paint. Pressure washer for bleechers and tower. Wood to redo some of the flooring in the tower. Skirting for the office. Window for the office. Stuff to work on the roof for the office. We want to work on the drainage for the infield. Also getting a mower and shredder.

Looking forward to getting alot done....

On behalf of everyone here at I37 Raceway (myself, joe, jackie, jim, eric and mark), we would like to say a Huge Thank You to everyone who came out and helped us work today. Thank You to Curt and Kristina Clegg, Randy Yount, Boerneracehound, Howie Marcx and family, Chris Swenson, Robert Danielsen, Denver Wilman and son and a few other helping hands. We got alot of things done today. All 3 water towers were painted and straightened. Yes, they are straight now. Most of the grass was cut. We started painting the fencing, worked on the office and press box. etc................... but there is still alot of work to be done. Thank You Again

A big thanks to ALL who came out. I also wanted to extend a thanks to Joe's family, Jim's family, TQ Jones as well as Scott Acre who came with me.

Also want to thank Ty Coad who was running between San Antonio, Pleasanton and Corpus. Looking forward to this year.

FM29 and The 8G Gang, thanks for ya'lls offers and get well soon. Our health is oh so important. Thanks for the continued support,,,

Mark

Thanks, TQ, for sharing the picture that's now on the front page of TSZ.

And here's another picture that was sent to me by TQ:

post-29-1200874265_thumb.jpg

It's a picture of Mark O'Donnell and Cassie Hunter painting the fence. Mark, what's in that Koozie?

Archived