HWY 16 crash

txtom

Yessir, Billy.

Here is a pic of the front of the car, and you can see Greg in the firesuit surveying what is left. And another pic of what it looked like before he went car shopping.

post-21-1200283117_thumb.jpg

post-21-1200283130_thumb.jpg

I remember Greg showing me that particular car with it's extremely small cockpit. Talk about an offset chassis! That car was way ahead of its time. I don't think he put that one back together after this wreck.

Is that George Hagy, Sr. standing back to the camera at the RF corner? Sure looks like him.

Nick

I don't think he put that one back together after this wreck.

I remember him telling me this was a Howe car, and I think Dick Anderson may have had something to do with it, I'll find out more about that.

But if I recall correctly, his next car was the V-6 car he ran for awhile.

Yeah, looking at the condition of the leftside "B" Post and "C" post area, that car took a hell of a lick. The design of that chassis is very curious, wonder whose jig that was built on. Very very nicely done. For that day and time that was something special.

Tom,

The car was a BOPP car. The car first belonged to Dick Anderson. Waldo Harper bought it from him after the All-Pro race that the engine blew up in with two laps to go. You might remember that big fire. Also this is the same car that John Kelly did his big flip job on the front straight at SAS in. Waldo sold the car to Greg after that and Greg finised it off, not to metion the two cars in the parking lot.

Terry Barden

Archived