Purse Increase for 2008

TRP

Texana Raceway Park has decided to increase the purse for several classes in 2008. We will be posting a full media advisory on txsz under the Announcements / Press Releases section. We'll also be posting the full updated 2008 payouts on the Texana website. But, here's a preview:

Modifieds will be running for $800 to win each week.

Limiteds will be $600 to win.

Bombers will be running for $250 to win. Former 1st place money will be 2nd place money, and so forth....

The resurgence of the Hot Stock Truck Class has increased their payout. 1st Place in 2008 will be $200. Former 1st place money will be 2nd place and so forth. Will still pay up to 10th, but the least pay will be $40.

Again, check txsz under Announcements / Press Releases for a full media advisory coming concerning the 2008 season.

Nice to hear about the purse increases. Can somebody check to see how they feel about pure stocks from I37 and STS coming over when we are off or rained out with our G60 tires. Compared to what Edna's cars are running it obviously isnt an advantage for us however the rules stated clearly Hoosier Specs only! Maybe they feel the smaller tires will hurt the track. We are curious about Edna being a option on those days?

Nice to hear about the purse increases. Can somebody check to see how they feel about pure stocks from I37 and STS coming over when we are off or rained out with our G60 tires. Compared to what Edna's cars are running it obviously isnt an advantage for us however the rules stated clearly Hoosier Specs only! Maybe they feel the smaller tires will hurt the track. We are curious about Edna being a option on those days?

The Hoosier requirement is for the right side only. You're on the money that the intent of the tire rule was a method to protect the surface. In 2005 and 2006, it was strictly an option on using the Hoosiers at all. Seems to do some good on keeping the track smooth. The track has language in the rules to provide for first time visitors to run with minor rule infractions. I don't work in tech, but I can tell you what I've seen as a Bomber driver and as a driver in other classes. If you show up a second or third time because your track was rained out and you have street tires, I have not seen the owner or tech turn the car away or make an issue because of street tires for visitors. From my perspective, Texana would be a viable option. As drivers who compete in the class and build our cars to the rules, we would expect a regular competitor to run by the rules, including the cost of purchasing the tires. But as drivers, we also understand the rain-outs (let's hope never again like 2007), and I doubt the drivers would raise any issue with a visiting driver running street tires or G60's a second night. And, from what I have seen, it hasn't been a problem in those cases. I doubt a track owner or promoter could put a much more solid answer on it than this. I know a couple of the Pure drivers from STS, and they are very nice folks and skilled drivers. For example, Bobby Jack came over last year as a Pure Driver from STS, and I would appreciate the privilege of competing with him on any night. A class act.

The STS guys are definitely competitive. There's trade offs back and forth on the rules.

So, with that being said, I would think you could consider Texana as a viable option on rain-outs. If you run a bunch of nights, it might be a different story with the tire thing. As a driver, I would hope I could expect the same welcome if I visited STS if we were rained. All in all, not a completely straight answer to the question persay, but I seriously doubt TRP would write it much differently.

I think with the pay out increase ,Texana will be seeing quite a few new car and faces .It is a fine place to race, I hope the SLM can get some more weekends there.We will be racing our Bomber car there

Gary - I'm headed over to the SLMS meeting on Saturday night and I think six of the drivers who live in or around Edna are headed over too. Are you gonna be able to make it?

Also, do you know if Mike (#70) is running with the class next year?

Thanks Texanna 55 I know your not the official spokesperson so i wont hold the track to it but your insite on Texana's history helps us out. My interests are to come over at least twice with our I37 package and see how competitive we are. With Texana growing I am guessing towards the end of the year they might have another big pure stock race and we dont want to try a virgin setup that day. Of course if things dont work out with our area tracks then Edna will become a much bigger option then. Anyhow thanks and good luck!

Archived