Different rubber compounds on the track

Bar2248

I Have a suggestion for all the personnel that run the different series (The rubbers of all the different classes:

example: TRUCKS, ROMCO, TSRS, they don't match so the first 10-15 laps it is slick on the track, before each race let the cars run some laps to get the different tire componds off) this will help keep some of the cautions down at the begining of a race. just incase the compounds do not get changed over the winter

P.S. Thanks for all the help, from everyone this year.

Bar2248

The more rubber the stickier the track. Even though some compounds are softer than others, any rubber is better than asphalt. The more practice the more rubber, that's why it's good to run with ROMCO because they lay down so much rubber in practice - especially if there is a lot of dirt on the track or if it rained since the last race.

hray, I could not dissagree more. The perception would be that the more rubber that is layed down the better. This is not the case with certain tires like the american racer tire. These tires are 3 to 4 tenths off the first couple of laps and are just plain scary when hoosier tires have been out before us.

I Think that is a good suggestion. alot of cautions and cars get tore up on the starts , been there done that.

I first saw that being done while i watched some local shows on TV from Irwindale. when the cars got on the track the would run under a green caution deal to get the tires ready, they have some good racing there, maybe thats a small reason as to why.

Bandit,

I'm curious, since we've never run McCrearys, Are they better on a green track with no rubber or after some rubber has been layed down? I've heard a lot of ROMCO guys talk about how hard they are, but most say they stay pretty much the same throuhgout the race. The 8" Hoosiers we run seem to be slick until they heat up (3 - 5 laps). If the car's not set up just right, they get slower with long runs of green laps. We blistered a right front at SAS our 1st race there this season (too much camber gain-we didn't make that mistake again). I've never heard anyone say they've blistered a McCreary.

When we had the car set up right, like in Kyle when Tommy and I were fast throught the race, we didn't drop in times the entire race. Lap one I ran a 90 and on lap 100 i was still running 90's.

But we did blister a RR at the last SA race. Of course we made a mistake of putting a little bit to stiff of spring in the RR of the car but i was pretty hard on the RR comming out of turn 4 side ways a couple of times.

I can't compare the hoosier and the american racer because i never got to run the hoosier.

Archived