Super Stock / Southern Late Model Stock Rules

TRP

I apologize this took us a while to get finalized, but there were several logistical items we needed to iron out, details to finalize, and drivers to contact to make sure we represented the driver's interest to the greatest extent possible before making final decisions.

In any event, here's the scoop for this class:

At Texana Raceway Park, we will implement the full rules of the Southern Late Model Stock Association (SLMS) as published on their website, with a couple of additions.

1. Gasket matching on heads was allowed under Texana rules. It will be allowed for motors already built. Future motors built should not have heads gasket matched. We did not want any existing motors to be eliminated, but felt it was a reasonable request when new motors are built.

2. We'll add that bronze guides or liner, screw in studs, stud girdles, and guide plates are allowed. This again is simply to carry forward some Texana language for motors that already exist.

3. The Holley 4412 2 barrel, Holley 3310 4 barrel or 650, 750, 850 Quadrajet will be allowed. Basically we are adding the 4412 as that was the carbuerator ran in Super Stocks and if that's what you have now, you should be allowed to keep it.

4. When the Southern Late Model Stock Association meets on Jan. 12th, the specifics concerning allowable tires or time frames for tire conversions, or whatever the decision is, will be determined by the association. It is important that if you run in the class you try to attend the Jan. 12th meeting, so your voice can be heard. I will attend to represent the track specifically, but it will be up to the drivers to represent the drivers interest on the large scale from here forward in relation to the Association's decisions. As we are adopting the rules of the Association with the additions noted in #1, #2 and #3 above, it will basically be an association led topic with regard to rules in the future.

I will begin working on copying over the SLMS rules with the additions noted in #1, #2 and #3 above to the Texana website. I will also prepare a direct mail letter to all drivers in our database from 2006 Street Stock and Super Stock, and 2007 Super Stock.

If you want to pull down a copy of the SLMS rules as published on their site, you can do so by going to http://www.southernlms.com/ , click on forms and then rules are on the forms page. We'll be adding the additions noted above to that set of rules on our site. I'll do my best to have all rules for all classes (including those changes noted on on another post on this site) uploaded on the Texana site by early next week.

A few notes on this are that with this change for Supers / SLMS...., cylinder heads will have no cc minimum (previously was 60 cc minimum for Texana rules), 2 or 4 barrel carb allowed (previously 4412 only for Texana rules), allowable ignition opened up and some other relatively small things.

Bottom line is: If you ran a Super Stock in 2007 under Texana rules, you put it in the shop at the end of the season and you pull it out for the first night of racing at Texana in 2008, you'll be good to go at the start of the season, including using the tires you used last year. The duration on the tires and what tires when, will be determined by the association as a group and we will work with the final decision on that as determined by the Association after the Jan. 12th meeting.

The class is inked in on the Texana schedule for one night each month at present, and this is posted on the Texana website. Other possible dates if needed, we can entertain by request from the Associaition, but note that a key to the success of this class or additional dates is obviously car count, which was our driving factor to consider the adoption of the SLMS rules. The further specifics of what other tracks the class will run will be ironed out at the drivers meeting further. Another good reason to attend the meeting.

-Monty

Archived