Pre-Season Tech

This Saturday, THR is hosting the second round of Allison Legacy Pre-Season Tech. This event is sanctioned by CompCar of NC and will be sponsored, YES sponsored by Channel Safety & Supply. The season has yet to begin and already we have a sponsored event. Channel Safety and Supply's generosity is sponsoring track practice for Allison Legacy Super Series members and those welcomed by invitation only.

Gates will be opening, to CompCar members and those who were granted private invitation, at 7 am.

Due to the event being sanctioned by CompCar, garage access will only be granted to those with CompCar memberships.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Kathie Weir

I'm trying to get a handle on all this rivalry between the Lonestar group and the Super Series group, but I keep getting conflicting responses. The Super Series folks say there is no rivalry but several of the Lonestar Legacy Series say they are being strong-armed into running the Super Series.

As I understand it, Lonestar Legacy group members are not welcome to run the THR practice set for this Saturday unless they pay full CompCar and SuperSeries registration fees. I have been informed that it would probably total more than $200 to become a CompCar/SuperSeries registered car/driver/team if you add in the gaskets required to go through this tech inspection.

I hate to get in the middle of this, but I can't help but feel that the Legacys in Texas are in trouble if this split between the two Texas groups goes on for very long. There just aren't enough Legacy cars in Texas to support two competing groups.

Maybe someone can get on here and clarify things a bit.

Nick

This series was originally designed as a spec series. Allison's were the only authorized people to break engine seals. Somewhere along the way I believe starting with Gary poole the seals started getting replaced. Don't know if the Allisons allowed Gary to do this due to the distance we are from the majority of Legacy Series groups or what. But bottom line is it should have never been done by anyone involved in the series itself. If it was being allowed for the seals to be broken it should have been someone with no connection to the series. As everyone knows once that door was cracked the flood began with people either flat out cheating or trying to play deep in the grey area's of the rules.

Looks like now that they have found multiple problems with some of the cars. Now to be fair ALL cars are going to have to be re-certified as legal spec cars. At least the Allisons have allowed someone locally to to this inspection instead of making every car go to NC to be checked. (you think a few gaskets are expensive!)

Try hauling to NC or having a car shipped out there.

Comp Car License has ALWAYS been a mandatory thing, so all this whining about getting it done before the season seems like just that whining.

If you guys want the series to survive you all better suck it up and move forward. The track owners could care less if you race or not. If you don't have dates it's not like it will affect the tracks one way or another. I am sure the track owners do not want in the middle of you internal fighting they have enough drama with all of the series.

I raced this class for years and it was a blast. I just hope that all this can be put behind you so the series doesn't die here in Texas. That would be a shame because they do put on a good show when they have a full field of cars.

Just my 2 cents!!

I think you are correct with the license being a mandatory thing. what i read is that the drivers are being muscled into purchasing the license to even set foot in the tech garage to get teched. I may be wrong but isnt the first race for those guys may 10 at thr. Would they refund money if some of them decided before the may 10 race not to . I dont think they are whining sounds like they may have a valid point. Oh well Im curious to see who all makes it out.

I think you are correct with the license being a mandatory thing. what i read is that the drivers are being muscled into purchasing the license to even set foot in the tech garage to get teched. I may be wrong but isnt the first race for those guys may 10 at thr. Would they refund money if some of them decided before the may 10 race not to . I dont think they are whining sounds like they may have a valid point. Oh well Im curious to see who all makes it out.

Comp car probably wont give them a refund but it's not that much money in the grand scheme, so with all of the problems why not just do it now if you want to race, and get it over with so you can race and have fun. After all thats why 99.8 percent of the guys in Texas race is for fun.

Thats no different than registering your car number at each track and then not making any races or buying tires that you never use or buying spare parts that you may or may not need. It's just part of the deal.

Like Rodney King says "Cant we all just get along"

Every driver and owner that is worth his salt want's all the competitors cars to be on the same playing field with a spec series car so the field is level and the driving and the legal set up tricks are the difference in the cars. That is what a spec series is about not who has the most money or the best cheaters. Its about the talent of amateur drivers which is what most of us are.

I really miss driving the Legacy car. It was probably the most fun I ever had in a race car. I just don't want the series to go to hell.

On behalf of The Allison Legacy Super Series, we would like to thank Mary Ann and THR for allowing us the use of the facilities to conduct our final pre-season tech. Thank you for all the drivers, owners, friends and families who participated. It was a very enjoyable day for all involved! We also want to thank Channel Safety & Supply! Your generosity was a breath of fresh air, or more like a push down the straighaways.. We had old friends reacquainted and new friendships formed. We also had some drivers on the track show that just because you are new to this series, doesn’t mean you aren't a force to be reckoned with...All in all it was a wonderful day. Thank you again Mary Ann and Channel Safety & Supply. If this is a glimpse of what is ahead for the Super Series...2008 will be the best year yet! Thank you all again!

Kathie Weir

Archived