What's up with ROMCO site?

6BeesRaceFan

6Bees

I don't know whwt is wrong with the web site as far as pictures and story, but I will try to find out today.

As far as a banquet, For four years the racers wanted to have one. This year the good folks at Houston Motorsports Park invited us to be a part of their banquet, and guess what. We cancelled it for lack of commitents from our drivers and crews. As it worked out it was scheduled for the 1st of November, and of course that the rain date for Houston. But make no mistake, had there been more intrest in the banquet, we would have made up the race.

Thank You

Terry Barden

Romco

P. S.

If anybody knows of someone that can travel and is a good writer, I am intrested in a full time writer for the series. You can find my e-mail address on the web site.

6BeesRaceFan --

I didn't start this thread, I don't know how a new thread got started....but I hope someone can get some answers.

I split your post off from another thread where it really didn't fit. That's how this new thread got started.

Terry -- There are a lot of really good writers out there. Several of them post here on Texas Speed Zone. ROMCO is a great series and deserves more local and national exposure.

Nick Holt

Sorry,

I have been working on my house, evenings and this weekend - haven't been online to read email since Thursday. Reb sent his story in Friday night and I will post it today. I also have pictures from Sam and Jim - they take longer to prepare for posting...

Terry - If you have someone else that can take care of the ROMCO racing web site, that would be ok with me. I have been busy lately with house remodling and work stuff.

Kris Frost

• 2 weeks later...

Terry,

Any luck in obtaining a full-time writer for the ROMCO series for 2004? Since ROMCO is the premier racing series in Texas, maybe even in the Southwest, the racing community is always interested in the latest ROMCO news.

Nick Holt

Nick,

I am working on a some leads for a full-time writer for the series. We also are working with a few more magazines to help get the word out about the series. I talked to Fritz Augustine last week with some questions about the rules for the Detry, and was real glad to hear that more people on the East coast and South are talking good things about Romco. We need to work and are going to work harder to get the word out there about us. It is not going to be easy but with no less than 15 new drivers wanting car numbers, now is not the time to rest>

Thank you

Terry

Archived