Allison Legacy Pre Season Tech Has Started

Jay

post-2697-1198294181_thumb.jpgTech Defect List

Chief Tech Inspector, Mark Chapin, Finds Milled Head 12 Thousands Under Spec.

1 polished /ported head

1 Decked Head

1 Polished Intake Manifold

1 Cam Shaft

1 Coolant Line sealed to Intake Manifold

The pre season Tech has started in Houston today. The list above is the list of defects found so far. Tech will continue again on Saturday morning to complete the remaining cars in this area.

Added defects found after todays tech:

2 intake manifolds with the vacuum tubes removed and closed.

Mel,

I'm not sure, but I think it may have only been one former LSL car. All defects were found on a total of four cars. Nine cars were reviewed.

Thank you to all the owners and drivers that managed through the process. Thank you Randy for filling your shop with almost every open area of floor to complete the tech and your assistance. We still have a large majority of the cars to tech. I hope we made the process as painless as possible, but still achieve the goal of making sure every car has been reviewed and resealed.

I'm bushed, as I know Mark is as well. Long trip home.

Thanks again everyone.

In all honesty I have yet to see any car numbers publicly revealed as to which have the infractions. For the record, the car we borrowed for TWS was BOUGHT by a Houston driver that NEVER opened the hood, nor drove it. Now, whom he bought it from and where that person drove the car previously, could be researched. So knock yourselves out on your quest.

The people who have the infractions either knew about them or did not. Either way, the issues will be corrected prior to racing those cars in the 2008 season. That is the point of the pre-tech, not to point fingers.

Happy Holidays everyone,

Kathie Weir

I bet all the drivers would be interested in knowing who had problems. as a competitor wouldnt you want to know if the car you raced with had bad parts. If I was a driver I would want to know who sealed motors with bad parts.

Thats the point I was trying to make in the previous post.Until the Allisons change the seals you will never stop it.The seals that were put on the cars over the weekend can/will be manipulatated.Changes made to the car and when they go to the track this year they will not be checked because they are "suppose" to be O.K.

• 2 weeks later...

Tech went very well. It was a very enjoyable day.

I believe 8 cars were at the track. According to the tech inspectors, there were several minor engine problems that could not be immediately corrected, but will be corrected by season start.

The most unexpected tech find was a couple of right rear tires that where illegal, clearly cheat tires. Goodyear Eagles that look identical to the Allison series tire but are 8 inches wide (Allison Series tire is 7 inches)

Was very impressed with some of the new drivers that took to the track. These kids are darn near competition lap times already.

Last stop on the Tech schedule is North Texas. Two motors in that area are in NC as we speak for rebuild. We are almost there.

Have a great week everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

Jay

It is my understanding those tires came from Houston. What part of the tire was measured and how. Did you get the serial number off the tire(s).

What do you consider a minor engine problem, was it the welded manifold vacuum stems? How can that be an issue if everything is intact unlike the others you found.

Can I assume that by the post that nothing was found to be illegal on the cars. The tire thing is a dead horse anyway. The Allisons have mandated a new tire for this year have they not.

Thanks

Archived