Anyone watch the Toyota All Star shootout ?

Snowball

Did anyone watch the Nascar shootout over in California on Speed Channel? When Ray Dunlap asked the winner Ron Breese Jr. if he was going to hang it up for the rest of the year, Breese made the comment"I don't know, we might make it down to Florida in December". Ray Dunlap responded," Yeah this should buy some tires for the Snowball" I just am always amazed at the notoriety that the Derby has.

the part i liked was when the commentator said he talk to a driver about the track and he said there was 18 grooves to run and he ran em all friday nite-was some very good racing-not many yellows at all-

Yes, that was worth watching. What a great format(not the "team" aspect but the late invert and adjustment stop). It was sort of like The Winston.

It amazes me that track owners can watch tracks like Irwindale (and Tucson...remember how good the Winter Heat races were?) and not understand how good the racing on a progressive banking track can be for business.

Jay

They show racing there periodically on the speed channel, it's a great track. If this event was ran last year Joe would have been the only Texan in the event. It looked wierd when they showed where all these touring series raced, there sure was a big gap in the middle that being Texas. It won't be long before Texas gets one of these touring series at the 1.5 mile race track.

Archived