Frank Kimmel Enduro...

speed demon 7

The rules are out for the Frank Kimmel enduro. There will be several of them this season, first one is at Kentucky. I think the others are Bristol, Salem, and Rockingham, but none of those are confirmed. I have a call in to Frank Kimmel with some questions about the rules. I expect him to call Friday sometime. If anyone has questions about them, post them here and I will ask them. I have spoken with him 3 times now as the rules were being prepared, and now I am getting things clarified. My chassis should be here on Sunday, I will start updating pictures as it comes a long. I am slow on building it because funds are low, so if anyone wants to throw stuff my way, donations are welcome. here is a link to the rules.

http://www.frankkimmel.com/documents/FK%20...Rules%20_2_.pdf

Currently, if anyone has a 22 gal fuel cell or a 16 inch seat they don't need, those are 2 things that I need. Also a 9 inch floater with a 275 gear to fit a metric car. Max tread width is 76", edge to edge. We are looking at running this car at the Snowball next year with either the sportsman or super stocks.

If anyone needs other questions answered, you can call me at 281-541-1301

The rules state -

2. Car must be American made, 1960-1988. 108” minimum wheel base. Camaros

and Firebirds will be allowed. Must retain stock rear leaf spring suspension. No

Convertibles, Station Wagons, or Pick- ups. All interior must be removed. All

holes must be patched in firewalls and floor pads.

25. Stock appearing steel bodies with stock components and locations. No after

market bodies allowed. After market hoods, nose piece, and tail sections will be

allowed but must retain stock appearance. Cars must have a complete firewall and

floor pans. Bodies that have been altered for an aero advantage will be assessed a penalty

or not allowed to compete.

And allows these -

Aftermarket nose pieces that will be allowed for use are the following:

85-89 Chrysler Labaron

89 T-bird

89-90 Old Cutlass

Does this mean that you can put the complete newer bodies on the older chassis or the nose piece only on the original body?

No newer bodies.

Jackbolts are allowed, shocks can be relocated. $100 claim on shocks. These are things me and Frank already talked about. He has not returned my call yet, but my concern is the part that says no aero advantages. it is vague. I do things on a short track that would be a big advantage on a super speedway, so I need that to be addressed or clarified.

Archived