SAS Improvements?

HORSEPOWER

When will SAS make some improvements to the facility? I know a few lights and a little painting is nice, but it needs a little more than that. I know it takes getting attendence up, more car counts, more sponsorship, and all other things involved. The track has to be made more attractive for racing and the fans. I think we could have landed an ASA, Hooters, or another major touring series a long time ago if improvements had been made in the past. It has survived for more than 25 years, but I don't think it could survive another ten years when it has to compete with Texas,Houston, THR, and any other future tracks, if constructed within a reasonable distance. Changes are needed now, not in 5 or 10 years and then play catch-up, I wonder what percentage of so called racing fans know there is a pretty good show in town?

I agree! The way I look at it is that SAS provides a venue for me to race. I for one would be more than willing to donate at least half a day. Imagine if all the drivers donated half a day helping out ie; clean up, painting, landscaping etc. The track would look great for both the drivers and fans.

Tom

Archived