Snowball Derby 2007

Montgomery Motorhead

I think I am going to pick Brian Campbell to win the Snowball Derby this year. He probably would have won the last Blizzard race in October if he had not wrecked late in the race after starting the race at the tail end of the field...........This was his first trip to Five Flags Speedway and he ran this good. There are some fantastic SLM drivers entered in the Derby this year that could easily win it but I will pick Campbell.

As good as Fast Eddie Mercer runs at Five Flags Speedway he will be a very strong contender and favorite to win the Snowball Derby. He was awesome at the last Blizzard race in October...............Good luck to all of the guys from Texas that will be racing in the Derby this year. We really enjoy watching you Texas racers here in Alabama and Florida.

S. Wallace

Just a wild guess

I was looking at the list of entries when it made me start to laugh.Who in the heck could pick a winner from that list of drivers?You must really have some good inside info in order to make anything more than just a wild guess.It seems like Casey Smith was awfully hot this summer,so I'll stick with the Texas guy.

Hopefully Busch won't wreck everyone in the field.

Hey Danny,

You must have been there the last time Busch ran the Derby. You know, the one where he wadded up a bunch of cars, said it wasn't his fault, and stated he'd never come back down to Pensacola just to race with a bunch of hillbilly racers? He was in Wauter's car that time, also.

And you are right, the Fans in Pcola will tear the place down if Junior wins. I think he is everyone's sentimental favorite.

Like Turbo stated, it is hard to pick a winner from that entry list.

You going to be sitting over with your Dad and Snowball and that group? I'll come by again for a howdy. I know where to look, the group with the most blankets and food....!

TxTom, come by and see us. We always welcome our fellow race fans and especially those who post on the racing boards. You would be surprised how many great people we have met thanks to these boards. Racing fans are the salt of the earth. Now onto a more serious subject. I don't know who will win, but I will be pulling for cars with 99 on them. One will be black and the other will be yellow. Guess who they are.

VIR/LLamadog..........I am another race fan that would love to see Jr. Niedecken win the Snowball Derby. I believe it would be a more popular win than when Eddie Mercer won a few years back. I know the fans from Pensacola would go crazy.........................Do you and Danny still plan on coming on Thursday? The first practice session is at 10 AM Thursday.

I piok Steven Wallace to cause a wreck and win like a little wimp that everyone else is driving over their heads.

Translation Bruce????

Is that better

Yeah. I thought you were picking him to win like a little wimp. Which only made sense to one other TSZ member.

on edit: Thanks for the dirt track advice you gave Cody and Bryon. Seems to have helped.

Freddy Fryar was a resident of Beaumont when he won in 1979 and 1981; although he is originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Wayne Niedecken was a resident of Pensacola when he won the first Derby in 1968 and again in 1970; although he is originally from Abilene, Texas.

Archived