ROMCO downhill?

yellowflag

My opinion is that the ROMCO series is going downhill. Some of the reasons are they have no discipline, ZERO, NONE. You can cuss at the officials, in front of everyone (TMS), You can block, run people down the track, cut them off(CC speedway), you can take someone out by cutting down on them, crew members can yell, cuss, make obscene gestures, driver can go to another pit and start trouble (SA Speedway) and nothing happens. I wished they would clean it up so I could take my family, but until then, I think I will stay at home.

Yellowflag,

Call me. My numbers are on the web sight. I am very intrested in talking to one on one. Or better yet, see me at the race in Houston, as I feel things like this are better discussed face to face. I am sorry you feel this way, that is why I would to talk to you. Plus as a new member to this, I would like to put a face to the people who have issues with us or any other racers.

Thank You ,

Terry Barden

Romco

I am firm believer in discipling someone when it is needed, however I don't see a need to air dirty laundry.

Ther are no less than 6 Romco drivers and crew members that are are probation till the end of the season.

I don't think it is apporiate to discuss the problems in public. I think it is better to handle these problems between the drivers, car owners, etc. and the Romco officals in private.

i have in the past and will continue to park someone for we feel is dirty driving, or anything else that embrasses the series. The person that was mentioned at TMS has not returned to Romco to race are be apart of any crew. He was told that before this would be allowed to happen, he would have to appologize not only to Romco offical but to all others that were present. I think this fair.

Terry

Yelloflag,

I have attended at least five to ten races per year since 1999 as a spectator and a crew member.The only thing that has not improved over the last five years is the car count.NASCAR competitors loose their composure on any given weekend thirty six weeks a year.I would not even

start to tell you how to raise your family.But staying home from the race is not going to shelter them from foul language obscene gestures.My nine year old learns all that stuff at school just like I did.SEE YOU AT HOUSTON!

ROMCO does a good job at running the races there's always going to be jugment calls that's not going to please everybody but I think without more marketing not only in ROMCO but all the touring series that all of the series could be in trouble with more of the cup races going to night

Great answers, Terry. If a person feels as strongly about something as yellowflag does, he should have no problem sitting down and discussing it one on one. Terry makes himself available to everyone, and does not hide behind some name on a forum board.

You say you can't bring your family to a race because of the language, racers and crew-men screaming at officials, drivers going into other driver's pits or throwing things or giving each other the finger?

Have you let them watch a NASCAR race since the great youth movement took over?

Are the ROMCO drivers or crews you speak of any worse (or better) than Robbie Gordon, Kevin Harvick, Tony Stewart, Kurt Busch, Dale Jr, or any of the rest of those fine young sportsman we see on T.V. all year long?

Yellowflag,

Since you talk this way about Romco and say you cant take your children to a race, I sure hope you dont let your kids watch any NBA, NFL, or MLB games. Atleast in racing we dont have drivers being accused of rape, or any serious pot heads or stoners. We did have Shane Hmiel, but Nascar took care of him real quick which showed other drivers what happens if by chance any of them happened to be doing it. So if Romco is such a dirty and no good organization that you dont consider a family friendly envrionment, I sure hope you dont own a TV or ever leave the house without putting ear plugs in your kids ears and blindfolds over their eyes. I hope you dont consider this as bashing you, or me trying to tell you how to raise your family, just saying that Romco, and stock car racing in general is nothing worse than what you see on TV or hear at shcool.

I think that racing is a fine environment for kids to grow up in. They will see and experience so many fine traits of character and morality. Sure, they will hear the occasional colorful language, but no more than anywhere else in America. They will even see grown people acting out and throwing a temper tantrum. As a parent, this is a great opportunity to teach kids. But the good far, far outweighs the bad. They will see the neighborly help everyone gives to each other, they will see action and reaction and how this affects behavior. I think kids will pick up a lot more positive things than negative. You cannot shield your kids from all the bad in the world, you will only hurt them if you try. As far as Romco being out of control or going downhill. Nope. This is still a free country and romco is not a dictatorship. Free exchange of ideas and opinions is important. Even when they are somewhat over enthusiastically expressed.

Racing is great and the community of racers, family and fans is what makes it that way.

my 1.9999 cents

i have been around racing people ,either in the stands or in the pits most of my life and i can honestly say that 99.9% of the people around racing are the nicest, frendliest, most honest, people around. if you see someone acting like an idiot [cussing out loud enough for the dead to hear, flipping off someone,etc.... ] just remember that this is what everyone is going to remember this person for , not his driving skill, or his ability to set the car up .GOOD JOB!! ROMCO OFFICIALS. B)

Archived