RGS Waives annual registration

frontstraight

Come on down to Rio Grande Speedway to get you cars set up and ready for Paisano's 1st annual Battle on the Border. We will waive the annual registration fee for the Nov. 3rd race. All year long the track has been close to what it usually is for the Nationals, so bring the cars and get set up for good showing. Hope to see some of ya'll on Saturday night.

Come on down to Rio Grande Speedway to get you cars set up and ready for Paisano's 1st annual Battle on the Border. We will waive the annual registration fee for the Nov. 3rd race. All year long the track has been close to what it usually is for the Nationals, so bring the cars and get set up for good showing. Hope to see some of ya'll on Saturday night.

My question remains unanswered

Can you purchase a one day pit pass

OR

must you buy the $ 80.00 pit pass even if you only are able

to run ONE NITE---

There are some that cant (due to work) run both nites

even if you can run both nites

$80.00 for 2 nites ------ $ 40,00 a nite for pit pass sure seems high

especailly with enttry fees for the car for both nites

Thanks

I know that I posted and answer to this question on another thread.

We really do not plan to sell 1 day pit passes, but if you are only able to make the Saturday show you will not have to pay the entire event pass amount. I will post exactly how much of a discount you will get when I get firm information.
I believe, and this is not firm, that a pit pass for Saturday night only will be $35.

This thread is only an invitation to come to our track and get your car set up prior to the big race, and to announce that we have waived the annual registration fee to help on your costs. The registration fee is still the same for the "Battle on the Border".

This is from the RGS website forum:

OK! Johnny and I talked about all this last night!!

Your event pass will be the $80.00 for Thurs-Sat. Thursday night we will be having playday and will break around 10:30pm for a live band and a turkey dinner!!!!

Your event pass for Fri & Sat will be $65.00.

Your event pass for Sat only will be $35.00.

The rule for leaving the event cause you break is the same as last year. You will be refunded the amount for the days you do not stay for.

I hope that this will clarify any questions that everyone had.

If not you can also call me at 956-221-3089.

Thanks, Jamie

The class that you would run it will be determined by officials at the sign in gate. I know that this is kind of vague, but it is the best I can do over the web. We will have to look at several things on the car to make the determinations. Of course, there is always the "one race" free rule with your track rules that can equalize all factors. We want for you to come and help us to put on a show, as what we do should be all about is putting on a show. If you can get your car close to the rules that we have posted on our website, and don't run away from the field, then you should have no problems. If however, you dominate the field (run away with the show), then a closer tech inspection will be neceassary.

I know that this is vague, but really, we want for you to come and play with us. The street stock and thunder drivers have worked hard to build up the purse for the last couple of races so they will race you hard, but let the best car win.

As far as a purse,its not the biggest but most of you Corpus guys say money is not important.

The drive part,I have been doing this drive every weekend for 13 years and its no big deal.It takes 3 CDs,or 2 bottles of wine or 2 1/2 hours drive.I usually leave Corpus at 12PM and get home by 2:30.

BJ34,your car is totally legal as is and everybody else has a free run rules wise.I do have room to park trucks and trailers if someone wanted to stay the nite at a nearby motel or has a sleeping place in their rig..Be warned,this track is a challange,it is so slick you cannot bonzai around.It takes a really good driver with great car control.I compair it to putting a glass of water on your helmet and trying to run without spillilg it.These guys have been taking me to school lately.

it would be nice to have some of you guys in corpus come down and visit us this weekend.

I know the payout is less than yours in corpus but oh well,

next year RGS is planning on the going to the same rules as corpus in the purestock class

therefore the competition will be better for us down in the valley, and we will be able to go to corpus and run with you guys next year.

so if you guys want to come down and race with us it would give us some idea of the competition in corpus and give us a few more cars to whoop up on. ha ha ..jk.

we would really like to have you all come down for a good time.

I know there are alot of purestocks in corpus so bring them on down boys.....

If some of you remember I offered tow money to any driver that pulled from out of town, to a race I was helping with at STS. I will extend that same offer for this weekend, Nov. 3rd, at Rio Grande Speedway. Any racer in any class that pulls from outside of the Valley come and find me in the pits, I will pay you $50.00 tow money for coming and playing with us. No annual registration and a little tow money...come on down.

Clay Huston

had made plains to go with alittle help from a sponser but by the time i made it to his shop he had to go out of town family emergency son was in a wreck in Austin and then i got back to work i have to go to larado by 10:00 in the morning :(

Archived