Oct. 27 - What a track!

I mean to tell you that track last night has to be one of the best I have seen in along time. Thank you for putting in your time. Our equipment loves to not bounce around the track. Next week I am alittle worried not having the limiteds nor the modifieds running if the full bodied cars are going to be able blow off the greasiness early on. Maybe without those classes and it being a big race for everyone else give us extra practice time would help next week. The old donation pickle jar looked to be filling up nicely last night. The Hobby purse was last to be ready and I was first in line so I got to witness most of the drivers in all classes donating some or all of their purse. Others simply drove through the gate and went home. It was nice to see and I even got my tight ass brother to donate as well. Anyway we look forward to next weekend and keep up the great work Owen!

Robert we missed you at Randy's party last night how did you do on the super track? we had a great time and super food as usual BBq by Pat was super. We Honored 2007 I-37 Speedway IMCA Modified Track Champion Curt Clegg his lovely wife was home sick also 2004 Hill Country Raceway IMCA Track Champion "Yount Too Man " Randy Yount and wife Helen and 1998 & 1999 Texas Dirt Speedway IMCA Modified Track Champion " Iceman " Chris Swenson and his wife. The" Yount Too" Fan of the Year went to Steven Yount Randy's brother who is moving to South Carolina soon. This Super event was held at Randy & Helens new home which was the orignal home of SRC Swenson Race Chassis where many local race cars were built and repaired by "The Iceman Chris Swenson " Chris said that this is great to have it here and remember all the great members of our Racin family.We had s short moment to Remember the young New Mexico racer killed in Abiline last weekend at the age of 23, it brought to home how dangerous our great sport is and the we all take risks each time we strap in our cars. Donatations were take by Randy & Helen to be sent to the racers family they pitted next to Randy last weekend and will be missed and remembered by all. S o if you missed it I hope this gave you some details that happened and hope to see ya next time Rainbow Man

Archived