James Buescher leads first laps, finish 3rd at South Georgia

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(704) 788-2134, Jeremy@51sports.net

James Buescher and Turner Motorsports Turn a Corner in Pro Cup

Team and Driver Lead First Laps, Finish Third at South Georgia

CONCORD, NC (October 24, 2007) – All season long, James Buescher and the Turner Motorsports team have been fighting to lead races in the USAR Pro Cup Series. However, a pesky little thing called bad luck has been keeping them from pacing laps, and finishing strong, for most of the season. They’ve been fast, but despite all of their hard work, the results have not followed.

On Saturday night in the USAR Pro Cup Series race at South Georgia Motorsports Park, Buescher led 63 laps – the most of any driver in the race. He also found out that staying out front is actually pretty easy work when everything goes right.

“It feels great to lead, our car was tight so being out front was good for it,” said Buescher. “It’s a lot easier to lead then to follow.”

Buescher finished third in the race, and the fact that his best finish of the Pro Cup season came at South Georgia was not a surprise to him.

“It’s good to run good here,” said Buescher. “We were good in ASA [Late Model South] here and we were fast in the spring. But we had yet to finish on the lead lap until tonight. All these guys did an awesome job tonight, I have to thank Mercedes homes as well. I am just happy that we finally got a top five in this series. We have had so much bad luck.”

The South Georgia race wasn’t totally trouble-free though.

“Tonight we broke the transmission and I only had fourth gear over those final restarts,” said Buescher. “I was kind of nervous about the transmission because the restarts are so slow here, but the other drivers like Chase (Pistone) and Bobby Gill stayed pretty far back so we didn’t stack up.”

Now that Buescher has led laps and finished on the podium in a race, the sky’s the limit for him and the Turner Motorsports team.

“Our momentum has been building up on the Pro Cup tour. We have been a threat to win each time we have races this car. It feels great to finish were we deserve.”

Buescher, Turner Motorsports and the USAR Pro Cup Series return to action for their season finale on November 3rd at USA International Speedway in Lakeland, Florida.

For more information on Turner Motorsports, contact Jeremy Troiano at (704) 788-2134 and be sure to visit www.turnermotorsportsllc.com.

Sandra Turner Sandraturner2@yahoo.com

post-3-1193311953_thumb.jpg

post-3-1193311969_thumb.jpg

Archived