Texans this week-end

racedude

Since so many of Texas Drivers traveled last week-end I am curious how many are planning to go back over this week-end for the South Alabama Race - Notice it pays $7,500 to win for SLM Win and $5,000 for PLM Win Should be a good car count from Texas but would like to see who plans on making the haul

So far, I know Casey Smith will travel over, probably also Chris Davidson in the Supers.

In the PLM class, the Alexanders are planning to take two cars.

Have not heard about anyone else.

Good Luck to all the Texas Drivers this week-end! I am staying behind since Nashville is up in 2 weeks -

Hopefully Casey's crew will keep me updated! Actually I think Rebelwriter or Nick should go over and do trackside for us since so many of the Texas Pro Late Models and SLM Drivers will be running I will even throw in the gas money :rolleyes:

ill have the lap top with the alexander gang hopefully big john will do all the work and hopefully not much at that and i can just spot and give yall up to the second updates, oh wait i don't think you can get a signal with sprint within 100 miles of the damn track

ill have the lap top with the alexander gang hopefully big john will do all the work and hopefully not much at that and i can just spot and give yall up to the second updates, oh wait i don't think you can get a signal with sprint within 100 miles of the damn track

OK Rusty you are the trackside report for Texas Speed Zone - Casey has a AT&T internet card and I think you can get a signal with it - if you want to use that one - Are you'll staying over Sunday for the SLM Race?

Since you are traveling so far, TXSZ will pay you DOUBLE what JM Hallas and I get paid for live reports! How can you beat a deal like that! Let's see... Zero times 2.... Hmmmm..

Look forward to your live reports!

Nick

yeah we should be staying for sunday's race barring a disaster saturday night with either car.

nick for pay though you have to throw in big john's two case commision on the deal. We are going over the damn swamp in lousiana now wo we should be there around 8.

yeah we should be staying for sunday's race barring a disaster saturday night with either car.

nick for pay though you have to throw in big john's two case commision on the deal. We are going over the damn swamp in lousiana now wo we should be there around 8.

Big John's down to just two cases these days? He must be getting old or something... LOL

Nick

Interesting: Just noticed what the points fund pays over at South Alabama for the SLM

Super Late Model Viper Series Champion

1 ARP “ABC” Body (less windshield, windows)

4 tires for Any Super Late Model Race

Top 10 starting spot for 32nd Annual Rattler 250

Casey's mom posted that he gets an ARP body at Mobile too- He might win 2 bodies and I notice pictures taken of his car the hood has a BIG 5-Star sticker and he mentions them as a sponsor wonder if he will stick with 5-Star or Switch over?

There should be some fantastic racing at OPP this weekend. The rain is clearing on out of here just like they said it would. Saturday and Sunday should be beautiful. There is no rain predicted. From what I hear they are expecting a very good car count in all classes...............Good luck to all of the Texas drivers that are pulling all the way to OPP to race.

there were around 30 cars there for pratice tonight didn't really get too many times too busy working, but trey mitchell, greg davidson PLM, chris davidson SLM, casey smith, and both alexanders were there praticing tonight.

You are doing a great job of reporting Rusty! Heck Nick doesn't even give us his eta when he reports....

Keep us updated - I did hear that the Casey Smith Camp were cooking steaks and watching some movies after they eat, so that is about all I can contribute.. Are you'll staying at the track or at the Hotel?

were back at the hotel now casey looked good but times were pretty slow all the way around for everybody it seemed, trying to get rubber back on the track after all of this rain. Thank casey also for helping allen out this afternoon for getting around the track alot better, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for lloyd we had some transmission trouble we will have to address tomorrow.

I don't know what happen to our trackside reporter? I just talked to Glen and he told me that Casey set fast time and will start on the pole. Enfinger was 2nd quick. Chris broke his motor and loaded up to head home. Greg was in an accident - one of his crew guys let his lift gate down on his foot so he left in pain. Glen said Trey Mitchell was fast in his Pro Late Model but wasn't for sure where he qualified. Pro Late Model race is running to night hopefully Rusty will update soon.

Just got off the phone with Casey he said Dwayne Middlebrooks won the Pro Late Model race and that the Texas guys had a bad night.

Congrats to Casey on setting another Pole Position - You have that track figured out buddy - and sorry to hear about the Davidson's tuff luck - and the other Texas Teams that didn't fair so well - Go get you another win tommorow Casey! And Another Championship. Good Luck

sorry been busy working at the track been a long day to say the least. Pro late model was a wreck fest especially at the start of the race lloyd started 11 was up to 6th in 10 laps then the rim came apart coming out of turn 2 and sent us off the track. Allen started 22nd finished 11th was involved in a wreck on the first lap along with trey mitchell, mostly cosmetic body damage to the left sides of both cars. Duwayne Middlebrooks won going away he was straight up dominant. then the 5, 16, 16 car of pugh rounded out the top 4. Very low super late model count though, kinda of sad.

A tough night for the Texans for sure. The Davidsons had about the worst luck I've ever seen. Hope Greg gets to feeling better, that accident looked pretty painful. We had a great car and I had fun but it was basically a wreck fest in the pro's. Best of Luck to Casey tommorrow ! he is the talk of the pits.

Well Trey - Obviously the talk in the pits were loud enough to be heard - this morning the race director changed the racing format and announced the top 7 would draw for their position - Casey drew 6 so he will start 3 row outside

It might be a small 14 car field but there are defiently some heavy hitters - Jason Hogan, Stanley Smith, Richard Fincher, Grant Enfinger, Cory Ruble, Shane Sieg, the list goes on .. I am glad it is a 200 lap race - Casey has his ASA crew there so I know they will get him out of the pits .. With $7,500.00 to Win it will be a battle to the checkers!

Archived