10/27 Race

BobbyJack

Saturday October 27th after the Races we are going to have the kids come into the Pits to Trick or Treating from all the Drivers. If you could each bring a bag of candy for the kids that night it would be much appreciated. I have sponsors to buy the bags for the kids that night. We are also going to be given away prizes for the best costume (for the kids) contest. I have prizes donated for that too! We want to make it fun for the kids. I will have bags of candy if anyone forgets to bring any. Stop by my car. I f you have any suggestions on anything else we can do that night for the kids let me know.

Karen Jack

Bomber #38

How about we do a costume contest for the kid's, maybe we can get a sponsor to kick in a Toy's R Us gift card or 2. Couple of thoughts when should we do this, during intermission have all the cars that want to participate head out on the track and allow all the fans & kids to come down or wait until afterwards and have all the kids go through the pits, does not matter to me I will just need to plan for it, if we are going to do it after the races I will try and make sure we are done before 10:00 and even then some families will miss out possibly. If we do it at intermission we could do some kids rides once they are done trick or treating.

Anyway I will do all I can with Candy, all you drivers get with Karen if you want to bring candy she does a great job helping to organize for the children.

Thanks

Owen

Owen, You are just too good. I think you came up with a excellant idea. (1) To have the trick or treating in the infield would enable the moms to keep an eye on their kids, especially the younger ones. The pit area is a big area. I know there is no one there that would harm them , but you know moms. A concerned mom is a good mom! If the kids want to trick or treat in the pits and I have candy left, that's fine.

(2)Kid rides--------I think they would enjoy the heck out of that. They would spread the word to their friends that they got to ride in a race car and their friends would talk their parents into going to the races and then Owen would have to build more stands :D:D Whatever will work best for the kids is what we need to do. THIS IS THEIR NIGHT.

Archived