curiosity

racerboy2002

i know this is i nthe past but we ere talking abou tromco and the TMS race and we could find in were what teh diameter of the ristrictor plate holes were. i even looked at www.romcoracing.com to find no answer just the spacer plate rules. i would appreciate it if mr barden or a romco driver would answer that one for me

thank you

This was on the Texas Motor Speedway web site http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/media/pi...l.asp?PitNote=8 just before the ROMCO race there this past spring.

The superspeedway rules package for the Young Chevrolet 100 will include a three-quarter inch restrictor plate, the same as used in 2002. Series competition director Terry Bardin has tightened several “gray” areas of the rules regarding the restrictor plate and other engine components.

And this from the ROMCO site http://www.romcoracing.com/03res0607.html

Most teams expect to complete the 100-mile distance without having to make a pit stop. Even though the distance is 100 miles, many believe fuel mileage will be good because of the three-quarter inch restrictor plate utilized on each car.

Nick Holt

Yes the diameter of the hole is 3/4". The biggest change we made from 2002 to 2003. was the size of the spacer and the gaskets. We enen went as far as suppling the gaskets, so there would be know questions about weather the racers could stack them to make a funnel effect. If we run there again, we will adjust a few of the rules that the creative ones came up with. As is the racers are always learning so are we [officials].

Terry Barden

Romco

. If we run there again, we will adjust a few of the rules that the creative ones came up with.

Ahhh Yes, Terry, the old cat and mouse game! Personally I think it is a fun part of the whole racing scene, don't you think? LOL

And don't say you don't enjoy it, some of us remember when you worked for Waldo!!! You know, one guy who would tell you he was cheating when he pulled in the gate!! :D

That is strictly rumor, you know neither Waldo or myself ever got caught cheating......

Hmmmm.

Interesting how you strung those particular words together in that particular way. :D

Lets see now.

I think I have it right.

It ain't cheatin less you get caught. Right? :lol::lol::lol:

Some on this board aren't old enough to remember Waldo Harper, but he was one guy who liked to have fun racing, and didn't let a little thing like a rule keep him from having his fun.

An old Harper story. A bunch of years ago, maybe the late 80's-early 90's, Jerry Schild was running TIDA late models in a car funded in large part by A.J. Foyt. Was interesting to see Waldo sitting on top of one of his wreckers talking to Foyt, who was leaning back against the boom of the wrecker. Foyt had come to Longhorn with Schild. You can tell the clout and respect Harper had by the way those two sat on that wrecker that night and rambled on for hours about whatever came to mind. Foyt didn't care who else was there, he and Harper had catching up to do.

Harper was fun to be around, as Terry can attest to.

Archived