Topless 100 last night

Lucky161

Topless 100

Forum Index -> Racing

View previous topic :: View next topic

Lucky161

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:12 am Post subject: Topless 100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 nights of AWESOME racing. Sprints, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds and Mini Sprints!

Some of this I've already posted about. Bear with me or skip it. I also posted this on another board that I visit.

39 modifieds vying for 24 starting spots on a 1/4 dirt track. Friday night track was tacky and last night it was slick. Races were great both nights.

Last night in the 100, they started 24 and ran without a caution until lap 52 when they refueled. 23 cars started the second half and they completed the entire 100 laps without a caution. Troy Taylor (over 500 feature wins and 4 track championships in a single year0 started on the pole and built a half a lap lead. George White (USAC Silver Crown driver who grew up within 5 miles of this track) started 10th and by the fuel break had worked his way up to 2nd, but still pretty far back. On the restart, Taylor pulled out to a apparently comfortable lead thanks to some lapped cars between him and White. White caught Taylor around lap 90 and passed him only to be repassed a couple of times. White took the lead for good around lap 95. Third was Keith White (no relation to George, but son of former USAC sprint car driver Bill White and brother of USAC Silver Crown Champion Paul White.

I don't know what it was about those cars running without their tops, but I would like to seem them run that way all of the time. They reminded me of big supers.

Sprint Series of Texas

After almost no cautions at TMS last weekend, they had several in this one, but nothing major. Was still a great race, won by a local driver whose name I forget, but followed by former WoO winner Shane Carson.

During the fuel break, I went down to where the SST top three were displayed behind the stands and spoke to Carson. Nice guy, loves to race. We talked about the tracks in this area and the series. I also had a chance to talk to one of my childhood buddies (we ran around at the races when we were still playing with toy cars) who also runs in that series.

Sport Mods and Mini sprints also had great races.

Now, do I go to Texas Motorplex this next weekend to see the Pro Mods which I like but have never seen in person and have free tickets to see or drive about 100 miles to see the season ender for the Sprint Series of Texas? Decisions. Decisions. Life is good!

Archived