Press Release about new TSRS Team for 2004

New Team and Driver to Enter TSRS in 2004

By: Maria Ragle

(Arlington, TX) As the Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS) inaugural season came to a close at the San Antonio Speedway this weekend, the TSRS silly season is just beginning.

A team new to the series will join the TSRS ranks in 2004. Texas Star Racing (TSR), a successful dirt track team making the transition to pavement, based out of Arlington, TX and formed by Joe Stinson and Chris Ragle, are looking forward to much success in 2004. "Joe and I had considered getting involved in pavement racing when we went to Houston to watch a TSRS race. We both fell in love with it," said Chris Ragle, the TSR driver. "We knew we had to get a car! The Texas Super Racing Series itself, the good racing it provides, and the professional look of the series was something that we had to get involved with," added Joe Stinson, team manager of TSR.

Texas Star Racing contacted Don Fowler after noticing his #29 Monte Carlo for sale on the TSRS web site. Fowler drove the #29 car to a 6th place finish in the Texas Stock Car Spectacular 125 in Kyle (TX). After Fowler's great finish, TSR purchased the #29 Monte Carlo. "We worked out a deal with Don and his crew to race the following weekend at Houston," said Ragle. The partnership between TSR and Fowler, along with his crew, resulted in a successful race.

Texas Star Racing as car owner, finished 4th in the Space City 125 after qualifying 10th with Fowler in the driver's seat and the help of his crew. "This is awesome, our first race as owners and we finished 4th. I couldn't be happier. Don and his crew were great! I can't say enough about those guys," stated Stinson.

Texas Star Racing will be keeping busy in the off season testing at the tracks of the TSRS in preparation for the 2004 season. Texas Star Racing is currently seeking sponsors for the 2004 season; all interested parties should contact TSR at www.texasstarracing.com.

Archived