The Vintage Racer

PAPosse

I don't know if any of you have ever seen www.thevintageracer.com

It does seem to focus on Eastern racing - but of interest is the satellite link in the menu. If you click on that, it will take you to a place where you can search for satellite photos of tracks that are still running, barely visible, etc.

If you register you can make your own submissions. There are a few Texas tracks on there, but not many.

Have fun....

Oh Yea,back in it's heyday it drew pretty good crowds and was some great racing.Hung around a kid whos uncle was the late Ronnie Miller #96.Won his share of races there.Heard some drivers talking about coming out of turn 2 was tricky,seemed to collect a few cars there.The drag strip was also a place to be on sundays.I used to help Billy Ruziki set up the christmas tree and timing lights.Remember well the Brand X funnycar as his last name was the same as mine,Cecil Langford.Also the wheelstanders were a crowd pleaser,Roy Trevino's Texas Rare Bear and one called The Backup Pickup.Gary Watson's Paddy Wagon and Randy Curtis when he had the Fugitive.Brings back memory's.

Archived