25. (44) Damon Bean, San Antonio, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, 26 laps

26. (28) Leland Waddell, Austin, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, 25 laps

27. (98) Robert Elizondo, Corpus Christi, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, 20 laps

28. (74) John Benker, San Antonio, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, 13 laps

29. (24) Jeremy Hernandez, San Antonio, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, 12 laps

30. (8) Brandon Bendele, Adkins, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, 3 laps

(57) Steve Riggs, San Antonio, Oldsmobile, DNS

(39) Marc Curry, Austin, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, DNS

Notes: This is the last race of the 2003 TSRS season....Congratulations to Ronny New of Austin, who wins the first-ever Texas Super Racing Series points championship. New finished with 845 points, 25 points ahead of second-place finisher Tommy Gural (Elgin) with 820 points. Rounding out the top-5 is Jeff Pollard (Houston) with 785 points; Mike Yale (Houston) with 675 points and Brad Hudak (Kingwood) with 655 points...Robert Barker of San Antonio broke his own qualifying record at SAS with a qualifying time of 20.092 seconds...The dice roll inverted the top ten positions...

Krusty,

You'll have to ask our scoring department. I wasn't at the race, these are the results I was given. Thanks.

i may be wrong (it has happened before)but i believe the thing with the 22 took place after they shortened the race and were at 10 laps to go there for yellow laps no longer counted.

dc

The 22 pitted under the yellow, changed a tire and lined up last for the restart with 19 to go. which was correct.

When the race was shortend to 10 laps, the confusion started.

no caution laps count, lead lap cars line up in order and lapped cars were to go to the back in order.

no one could tell his spotter were he was to line up, other than last, which was incorrect.

His spotter was talking with the officals as the 1 to go was shown.

22 was going to be put behind about 5 lap cars, which was wrong that is why he stopped.

Robert and the flagman got things straighten out after the race,

after a brief discussion they realized they both saw the same thing, and were both trying to fix it.

I think scoring was overwhelmed trying to delete those 9 laps and get everyone lined up quickly.

I do not see any fault or reason for any penalty, I know the show must go on

but no racer should be penalized for making things right.

what was the deal with 5 and 53 why did they take one another out under caution?

what was the deal with 5 and 53 why did they take one another out under caution?

I missed all that - busy with the Pro Sedans. Alexander and Engelhardt had some sort of confrontation during a caution?

Nick Holt

5 was told to be behind the 97 car under caution but the 88 wouldn't let him in, then he finally did, then with one to go he was told to get behind the 12 car which was several positions behind him, he didn't get relayed the information so he got black flagged, the 53 car had a problem with something the whole time and didn't agree with where the 5 car was then when they were coming around with one to go he just knocked him down into the grass coming off of turn #2.

With the #22 they said they were going to black flag him if he didn't get going and that never happened, thats why I would hope that they can go to scanners or get more help with scoring or something for next year, because the spotters were getting told many things that confused everybody because something else was then said as well.

No I was not instructed to stop on the track. I chose to stop myself. JP I know you would have done the same thing. I was not in the wrong by trying to get in the right stop in the line up. What is wrong about the whole situation is that the point of when they were going to black flag me, they told my spotter that they didn't care where I supposed to be in the line up just to get in line somewhere. Does this mean I should just pick a place anywhere and just go to it? I think not. You wouldn't like it if I happen to choose to get in front of you. IF that is not where I am supposed to be. With 10 laps to go, I just wanted to be in the right spot. IF you have any other guest ions feel free to call me, or send me a private e-mail.

Thanks Robert

Well you might not have, But If the offcials are in the wrong and you know it and they know it, but they will not make a call. Then what? There is only 10 laps left, what are you are going to about it? Just go to the back and ride it out? You might, but it is not right.

Have a good off season, looking forward to next year.

rs 22,

I remember a race at Kyle this year when the 17 car was tapped from behind and spun out. The decision was made to send the 17 car to the back. I immediately relayed the decision to the 17 driver. He pulled the car high and let the field go around him as soon as I told him to do so. In the mean time, I questioned HE about the decision, but he told me that the decision was already made. The 17 driver was not a happy camper to say the least. He was the series points leader when this incident happened and ended up finishing the race well back in the field. The decision to send him to the back was discussed privately between the 17 driver and the race officials after the race, as it should have been.

Not trying to beat a dead horse or blame anyone for anything...just trying to point out some facts.

Regards,

Joe Thirolf

Spotter #17

It sounds a little different to me though. The difference is that the call you are talking about was already made. The call I am talking about was never made. I understand your point, my situation was not exactly the same as yours. I have also been in a situation that I was told to goto the back too, and I did, with no hesitation. I don't mind doing what is right, but I do mind when there something is not right. So I guess we can go on and on about this whole thing, but it is really not a big deal. No one was hurt by this, the only thing that happened was that I delayed the race by about 3 minintes, and I was still put behind lapped cars. Oh well you win some and you lose some.

Robert

Archived