TSAR

ivicic

Just came from a TSAR promotion in Cedar Park. They had Michael Jones # 27 car out there with a new 2004 Monte Carlo body on it. They had a tent set up with lots of food from Pok-e-joes and flyers spread on tables. The lady I talked to was Amy Sandlin and she was the regional sales director. Selling tickets for the 2005-2006 season at tracks in Houston, Jarrell, Hillsboro and Lubbock. There will be a 10 race schedule with season tickets good for all races starting at $269 per person. Donald Teague was there along with folks from Kokels wrecker service as the official wrecker service of TSAR. Amy said that construction was already underway at some of the tracks but couldn't say which location. The food sure was good, if they only had the beer it would have been a good promo! I'm just hoping that this venture will become a good thing for Texas racing and hope I can become a part of the action in one form or another.

Selling tickets for the 2005-2006 season at tracks in Houston, Jarrell, Hillsboro and Lubbock. There will be a 10 race schedule with season tickets good for all races starting at $269 per person.

Amy said that construction was already underway at some of the tracks but couldn't say which location.

Hmmm. Selling tickets for tracks that are supposedly being built but they can't say the location. Too bad you didn't ask him who his investors were. Wonder what he would have said. Seriously, at one time I am sure you all remember when the Texas Tracgroup/TSAR first came around I was on the bandwagon. A lot of people were cautious but hopeful. I think their plan is just not realistic enough to support any type of regional racing. How many teams in Texas can afford BGN and ASA style cars? And where do they think the racers will be coming from. And I hate living in the past but many of us have read those reports about Teague's past. I think I will save my $269 until I am at the front gate waiting to get into a TSAR event. At one time I really wanted this to happen but when you sit back and take a look at it, it just doesn't add up.

Jason

I would have to agree with Jason on this one, spending your money for something that dosen't actually exist and won't for a couple of years means your basically buying a promise. With a less than squeeky-clean track record, Mr. Teague should be able to provide more concrete details about facilities and locations. I understand his need to sell these tickets in advance, it's partially for the capital it generates but moreover it demonstrates to his investors that there are fans out there who want to see this type of racing in Texas. I've got to admit, the price is right but I think I'll hold onto my money a little while longer.....

i don't know who donald is but to be selling tickets to a new racing series that does not have any tracks lol, that takes some well you know what i want to say.I was told by a guy on Jones crew that they had sponsorship from SBC for 250,000,000 now im not the best bussinessman around but i would have to wonder why anybody would give that kind of money to someone that doesn't even have 1 track let alone 4 or 5 tracks or any teams to race at them. Has anybody heard anything about the new track south of houston ,have they started constrution on it

Instead of starting another series in Texas, I would like to see these people get ivolved with their money and promotions with the existing series and tracks. With out a good strong foundation, you cant build anything that will last. Also, $269 is 2 tires and fuel for me, and if that is there STARTING price, how much for the best seats? They really need to come and check with the existing tracks that have people complainning about the current ticket prices.

My calculator tells me thats 26.90 per race. I am sure that if BGN/ASA type cars are gonna race there then it may??????? be worth it. But , I am skeptical about purchasing season tickets when I got the Mike Waltrip feeling, "I am at the wrong track!" or "where is the track!" Remember the guy trying to reopen Longhorn Speedway under Bad Boyz, he got somebodies money with a promise. It would be nice to see the investors money going out the exhaust pipe of a D9 Cat moving dirt at some specific location before I bought season tickets.

Sorry, Nick, but now it's time to "come out of hiding" on this..LOL

Okay, I've been kept up to date on the "progress" of the TSAR group. Yes, it's headed by Donald Teague, the SAME Donald Teague who supposedly had everything in order for this deal THE FIRST TIME AROUND. Yes, the same Donald Teague who had myself and a couple other people convinced that we were going to be "on the TracGroup payroll," contracts and all. And you ALL know how that ended up....

I would HIGHLY advise everyone to not put down A DIME on this deal. Not because I harbor any bad feelings towards the project (I'm well over that chapter in my life), but because I TOTALLY AGREE with what's posted here--no confirmed tracks, no confirmed tracks under construction, no confirmed ANYTHING! If something is confirmed then I'm not aware of it.

I totally agree with 44SS, too, about using the group's money (if they actually have any ;) ) to upgrade current Texas race tracks instead of haulilng off and building new tracks. I even proposed that when I was part of the afore-mentioned, now-defunct TracGroup.

:D:D:D

That's my 2 cents worth to the topic..LOL

B):lol::D

p.s.--yes, Nick, you may give out my info to any media who ask for a reference to the old TracGroup.

p.s.s--and by the way, why did the group pick Cedar Park to hold an event? Why not a bigger city? What's up with that? :blink::blink::blink:

Chuck I agree whole heartedly. The only way I knew about the promo was I helped Tim Sowell and Michael Jones put the body on the car on display. I had to ask where the car was going to be so I could see the finished product as I could not stay to completely finish the car. It was a primitive set up as far as shade tent and banners. The food was the best part. I will take a wait and see attitude on the whole project. If it does happen I hope it works for everyone.

Nick and Supertx,

Compared to what I know at the moment..

Anything above 25 cents would be unbelievable for TSAR.

Archived