Snowball

randy lee

I think a lot of people (including myself) are taking a wait-and-see attitude towards the snowball this year. It should heat up in this forum in about a month about who will go.

Word is some racers aren't happy that the purse has not been announced, and the new promotors may not honor the Snowball Challenge provisionals won by racers when Wade ran the track.

This is off the snowballderby.com website.

Provisionals for the 36th Annual Snowball Derby™ are Scott Carlson, J. R. Norris and Charlie Bradberry. The last chance to win a provisional will be the Snowflurry 100.

All unsold seats are on sale now!

Sorry. We are sold out of RV spots with water hook-up.

1st Annual SnowFlurry 100, Season Championship and Fan Appreciation Race - Sat., Nov. 22- Practice & qualifying. Sun., Nov. 23- Racing.

FREE ADMISSION FOR THE GRANDSTANDS BOTH DAYS! Saturday - Practice and qualifying. Sunday - Racing. All local class champions will be determined. LAST CHANCE TO WIN A PROVISIONAL FOR THE 36th ANNUAL SNOWBALL DERBY™. Temporary seats in turns 1 and 4 will be installed and ready to allow more fans to see the great racing. (Temporary seating will remain through the 36th Annual Snowball Derby™.)

Saturday Pits $10.00

Sunday Pits $25.00

Both Days $30.00

GRANDSTANDS

BOTH DAYS FREE

I looked at that site after I made that last post and saw that they decided to honor the provisionals.

I'm still looking a little more at Mobile at the end of the month. I kinda forsee a few ROMCO regulars there.

;) It's looking like the Snowball is going to be it's usual self with big entries rolling in every few days. Hal Goodson and Gary helton are among the latest entries!There are already almost 30 pre entered with another 26 or so for the Snowflake./ Once the smoke clears from the court case the Snowball will emerge like it always has as the Biggest most prestigous short track latemodel race in the country!

Snowball--

Glad to see you on this forum; I read your posts on the boards in that area, and if anyone out there has his finger on the pulse of Pensacola, it is you.

We have a lot of folks on this site that make the annual pilgrimage down there to race or watch, so please keep us informed on what is going on.

Again, Welcome to Texas!

Tom

Thanks! I'll be glad to do that. Let everyone know in that area that there is no need for a wait and see attitude any longer. The owners are in control of the track, and everything is full steam ahead.They just had to get their heads screwed on straight after the court case and everything.The main thing we are waiting on is the announcement of the purses etc. I understand they are working hard to get that info out ASAP.The rules and schedule are already posted on the Website. WWW.Snowballderby.com. I think the rules are under "Driver Info" on the site.

For all those who are wondering about the Snowball you need to check their website. There will be a lot of people in this area that are going to show what they can do. Among those that I just saw are entered are: The Davidsons, T Wade Welch and Bubba Naumann. They also have the ASA champ Cywynski, Hal Goodson and Tim Fryar. So for all of those that are still wondering I truly feel that this race will return to its past grand luster.

I agree that it should be great as usual. i would have to also say that it really hasn't lost any of its luster. The Snowball car count last year was off just a tick,down to about 52,but the quality was still there.The total latemodel car count between the Snowflake 100 and the Derby was around 105. I hope to see the Snowball number back above 60 this year.

Archived