Buxton set to run in S.A.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELASE

Charles Buxton Race Preview at Houston Motorsports Park Space City 125

Saturday, Oct. 18 (Note: This is the third of 3 Triple Crown races and the last race of the

2003 TSRS racing season)

Buxton set to run in S.A.

According to an old saying, "Into everyone's life, a little rain must fall." Unfortunately for all who gathered this past weekend at San Antonio Speedway for that race track's Oktober'fast' races, there was a little too much rain, and the races were postponed.

Enter a "silver lining" for the White Knuckle Racing #77 race team in Austin, which runs in the Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS).

"Let me start of by saying I really feel bad for everyone who was ready for the race this weekend," said WKR driver Charles Buxton. "I know how much work that goes into get ready for a race, as well as getting the car ready. WKR would not have been ready if not for the rainout, so I guess that 'rain dance' we did worked!"

The extra week will help the WKR race team get - among others - an extra set of tires on the car. "In Houston, we were running on tires with over 380 laps on them. No wonder our lap times were falling off!"

Buxton added, "We'll have to replace the trailing arms and one tie rod and get the rubber mallet out after the rear quarterpanel. Now, that will be fun."

White Knuckle Racing is coming off its best back-to-back runs during the 2003 Texas Super Racing Series season. WKR claimed a sixth-place finish in Kyle three weeks ago then grabbed an eighth-place finish at the Space City 125 at Houston Motorsports Park.

"We are looking forward to another Top-10 finish, if not a Top-5, in San Antonio," said an elated Buston. "As a certain racing radio personality and TSRS announcer likes to say, 'Let's go racing!' We're very excited to get a chance to run in San Antonio."

As for the revealing news about Tommy and Teresa Gural expecting a child, Buxton said, "Congratulations to Tommy and Teresa Gural - or should I say Mama and Papa Gural. They've been very supportive of our team and everyone on the WKR team wishes them only the best."

Archived