Thunder Roadster video - 9-1-07

speed demon 7

Arthur, I'm probably going this Friday (09/07). Like I (we?) said, talk to you on the phone.

Thanks Lucky, you are too kind (and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way.) But I am (embarrassed.) I have too much seat time (not in this car, but other cars. and not on asphalt, but on dirt) to be coming in hind .... err ... uhhm.. nipple. And 2 races in a row! Ouch.

Your running the same line I like to run. I don't know if those cars are different, I would have to drive one and see, but most of the race you were running like I do, but my car is heavier and has more power. Maybe I wll come out this friday and watch you. We can work on some set-ups. Don't think I will be testing, Jennifer is on the phone right now spending our extra money booking our vacation for January. I will see what I have left, I might just come out and hang out with ya.

Hey Arthur, Ty told me after the race he thought I was going into the corners too low. Maybe chopping the corners. What do you think from your vantage point?

Let's see

1. You didn't hit the wall

2. You didn't hit another car

3. You didn't spin out

4. You didn't blame someone else

All that's left is making it go faster!

Hay CC, thats just what I saw from my vantage point (behind ya) I am no expert infact that was only my second time in that car so I wouldnt weigh my suggestion heavily. It seemed like you were having to get out of the throttle early because you were entering the corner lower. The 2 car I was driving really liked the higher line with a dive in, very close to the line I ran with the pro stock. But again it's all about your driving style and getting comfortable in your car, everyone is different and Im no expert. Ill be out there two friday the 14th for practice, hope to see all of ya....Ty

Hay CC, thats just what I saw from my vantage point (behind ya) I am no expert infact that was only my second time in that car so I wouldnt weigh my suggestion heavily. It seemed like you were having to get out of the throttle early because you were entering the corner lower. The 2 car I was driving really liked the higher line with a dive in, very close to the line I ran with the pro stock. But again it's all about your driving style and getting comfortable in your car, everyone is different and Im no expert. Ill be out there two friday the 14th for practice, hope to see all of ya....Ty

Hey Ty. How are you doing?

Well, you may be now expert, but you passed me... and then you won your feature. So in my book, that puts you 2 ahead of me. :D

So I'm going to try running in a little higher and cutting down a bit later. Doesn't hurt to try, right?

I just wish I had an in car lap timer. It's tough to tell, during the Friday night pratice session, if your efforts are paying off or not with out a lap timer. (I'm checking around on the net for a deal to be found on one. Just don't tell the wife. :unsure: )

Anyway, I'll try it some this coming Friday. See if I can get used to it and then see how the lap times turn out the next race Saturday during a qualifying session.

Course if anyone wants to come man a stopwatch this Friday, I'll cover your $10 entry and pick up a couple of rounds of your favorite beverage afterwards....

4. You didn't blame someone else

All that's left is making it go faster!

Just the easy part, right? :lol:

CC,

Im stuck in Lousyanna working for a week Im jealous yall get to go practice this week. Thank you for the toe help. How are you? I will say that roadster is alot harder to drive than my pro stock with no powersteering. Before I got in the roadster I was told tap the brake to set the car and try and keep your RPM up. It was really strange feeling to me not to lift out of the gas completely but the more I kept my foot in it runing as much front stretch as I could diving at the last second not getting out of the gas much at all tapping the brake and hammering it as soon as possible the better my lap times got (again Im jsut a newbie). Any other roadster drivers got any suggestions? I may be doing it all wrong. CC I enjoyed our battle even though it was at the back of the pack still got my heart pounding and thats what its all about right? My crew is the only reason I won my prostock race I would like to thank them all and thank them again. They made it happen I just sat there and turned left.

That ain't the monkey flapping, that's me, that is why I am so fast!!! hehehe That timing system is the Long Acre fast lap deal. I use it on nights that I am testing and there is no transponder system on. James tried it a few weeks ago and had problems with it, but I think I got it fixed.

Archived