End of Season Plans

TRP

After numerous calls and requests and looking at our options on the calendar, here are the plans at present for getting in a final points race. So pass the word....

1. We are scheduled to race on 9/8. If the weather cooperates, that will be our final points night.

2. If we get rained out on 9/8, we will move the final points night to 9/22.

3. The blindfold/reverse/demo will be held on our final points night (either 9/8 or 9/22)

4. We do intend to have a post-season big money show for Modifieds, Limiteds and Bombers, just as we did last year. We are holding on announcing a date until we be get our final points night cleared.

We will post information on the Texana website as we iron out more details and as we follow the weather into the upcoming weekend.

Im glad to hear that bout the big race..there's a bunch of cars planning on coming from the houston area if we have it..

Sounds good hr20. Would be great to have them come over. We'll set our sights on the post-season event soon as we clear the final points night.

Now an update on this week. Crews pumped water out of the parking areas all day today. There has been a lot of rain at the track over the past weeks placing water on top of water. Work will continue on Wednesday. Forecast looks better as the week progresses. Let's hope for some dry days.

Are the dwarfs anywhere in your end of season plans...sure would be nice to get in few more races. Thanks for response in advance.

Donnie Hunt

Hey Donnie. We've got all of the classes lined up for the final points night. Still focused on this Saturday the 8th. If weather gets in the way, we bump to the 22nd. We also have the blindfold / reverse / demo on tap and Cabin Creek Design has carried over the offer to add to the purse for the teens in mini-stocks on the final points night. As soon as we clear the final points night we are going to move quickly to host one post season event with mods, limiteds and bombers. Date will be announced as soon as we clear the last points night.

It was tough losing several nights to the weather and having to drop some nights. Not sure what the dwarf car club may have scheduled for additional events at other locations once our points season ends.

Hope to see you Saturday.

I think some of the pure stocks would be interested in racing with the Texana Bombers. Please let us know if we are welcome. I think some of the bombers ran with us last year and they were very fast.

Thank you!

Bobby Jack

Purestock 88 at South Texas Speedway

Bomber car 38 Karen Jack

Bomber car 28 Michael Jack

I think some of the pure stocks would be interested in racing with the Texana Bombers. Please let us know if we are welcome. I think some of the bombers ran with us last year and they were very fast.

Thank you!

Bobby Jack

Purestock 88 at South Texas Speedway

Bomber car 38 Karen Jack

Bomber car 28 Michael Jack

Yes absolutely. We'd really enjoy having everyone out. As soon as we release the flyer with the date, we will be noting that STS, Gator, 105 and I-37 Pures are all welcome with home track rules. Also, HRP Bombers with home track rules. All for the post-season show. There are a few variances from track to track which create some trade-offs, but overall the cars are pretty equal. Our post-season show will happen quickly as soon as we clear the final points night and will probably be on a date when some tracks are still running for points and we understand, but would welcome the cars if they decide to attend.

Should you guys get rained out this Saturday and want to join in for our final points night, we would welcome anyone who wanted to come over as well. As of this moment, we are still working on our parking as well and will make an announcement on Friday. Bombers will run regular rules this Saturday. But if you want to head over if you get rained out and have concerns on whether your car would be legal for this weekend, just call or send us a message. Like most all tracks, we have a one night tolerance published in our rules for minor differences. More cars always makes for a fun event.

Bobby- I came over to run my bomber with the Pures at STS last year for the Labor Day event and had a great time! :D It was really interesting with that many cars on the track (I think 31 started the feature, if I remember correctly), and it was great to get the different drivers from different tracks together on a Sunday night special. Very fun night! Hope you guys get to come over to Texana soon

Much like y'all, we are very sick and tired of the rain interrupting our racing. Maybe you can get a group together and come over this Saturday for our final points night and our post-season event as well. I sure hope we get to run this Saturday.

On a side note, I'm planning to bring my daughters mini-stock down to STS before the end of the year(maybe on the 15th if y'all are running Thunders), and drive it myself. I had to get special permission from her, so I'm ready.

Archived