Any news on Brent Seely?

Sonic Racing

From what I was told, he backed it into the turn 1 wall. The guys I talked to said all they heard was a big smack sound, no skidding. Others said it got airborne when he he turned it around and backed it into the wall. They said he was knocked out for a minute, not sure. I got there and pulled in, looked at the track and saw an ambulance on the track, so I went to see who it was. Someone who was there will hopefully give us an update and tell us exactly what happened, mine is 2nd and 3rd hand knowledge, but since noone has said anything, I figured I would give you the little that I know.

my dad was there to help brent with the weekend and to shake down the car in which he was going to run at Milwaukee this wkend. The milwaukee asa challenge car was the one wrecked it still had old challenge tires on and it was the first time on the track as well. he was going to race a different car in the evenings race

Dad said the track was very "green" from the rain and times were off considerably. Greg Davidson was the fastest at the time with somewhere around 15.0 which is very off the pace. He had no grip off the corners and he said brent should bring it in. Brents crew chief said to run a few more laps and then two laps later off of turn four he got sideways and chased the car up the track and did the hospital wiggle all the way down the front straight while still gaining speed. When he got to turn one he finally lost it and hit spuare against the drivers side.

Brent was knocked out and the car was done.

Brent was complaining of neck pains so the procautions needed were definitly taken.

From what i have heard Brent should be ok after recovering from his concussion.

Josh Gilbert from the Ft Worth area will be driving a car For the Seeleys in Milwaukee.

The car hit so hard that the motor mounts broke and when the rearend end it broke the LR wheel and hit the axle cap so hard it pushed the RR!!!!! axle out of the car. Amazing!!

Brent's Butler seat which is not the standard Butler that is like $100. He had the proper seat and it was still twisted around and bent up. Unbelievable to me.

That is what i have been told by my dad who saw first hand.

Archived