THE SPACE CITY 125

krusty_rusty

I hate to dissapoint everybody out there that something bad isn't coming out of me right now, and like before I call it like I see it. Mary Ann and all the racing officials did an outstanding job this race, they seemed more like a group and were decisive with decisions, it was awesome. I still don't agree with a pit stop to help determine qualifying, but it was fun for the fans and the crews, who got to get involved on the race track. The lapped cars starting on the outside after the competition yellow was great. Lapped cars starting in the rear at the end of the race so we could see a finish with ronnie new and brad hudak like we did without anybody being in the way, that was fantastic. Having more green flag laps then yellow's was great, making sure driver's weren't jacking around and costing the fan's a chance to see great racing was just outstanding. All and all the series looks like its improving with every race, hopefully san antonio will be just as awesome next week, and all this great momentum will be carried on to next year.

Justaracefan

If you have 25000 in a ROMCO car ready to race it's with well used parts a new engine for a super late model will run between 25000 to 35000 depending on what type of engine you run and a new roller will run some where around 18000 up and you still have no spare parts. Racing is expensive can i get an amen on that lol

I still don't agree with a pit stop to help determine qualifying, but it was fun for the fans and the crews, who got to get involved on the race track.  

I think anything is better than the roll of the DICE.. And with the roll of the dice are there drivers that sand bag because of it? Maybe it makes for a good show somewhere but the Space City 125 was a great race without the dice. The other thing on my mind is how can you have a real Triple Crown with rolling the dice? Hmmm..

I agree with you there, but I still havent seen anybody thats sandbagging because of the dice roll. Even though it wouldn't be a bad idea in kyle. If im not mistaken you get 5 points for pole, and 5 points if you set the track record so thats a significant amount of points on a 100 point scale. Any system that can put the quickest car somewhere around 11th place really sucks for that driver and their crews that have busted their butts all week, then you go somewhere thats hard to pass and you have to play follow the leader for 75 laps. If they are going to still do the dice roll, I would like to see it reduced to one dice, that way if your still quickest you can't start anywhere further back than 6th.

Archived