Texas World Speedway

chiefs13

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Allison Legacy series drivers who competed at Texas World Speedway this past weekend. They did a great job representing south Texas during all their races. I enjoyed announcing several close races over the 2.9 mile road course. Dillon Spreen had 2 final races that were fantastic to watch. This young man raced two veterans on Sunday to a 2nd place finish and then won the second race of the day passing co points leader Kirby Caldwell on the front straightaway. Even as Kirby appeared to move up the track forcing Dillon to go near the outside wall, Dillon kept his foot on the gas and passed Calwell for the win by about 8 inches. Also on the weekend J.P. Karpowitz had good runs along with Jake Krueger, Kris Kerr, Levi Krauss, Taylor Brandes and others. Overall, it was interesting to announce a road course. In 13 years of announcing, I never had to count higher than turn 4. With this race I was up to Turns 13 and 14. But it was definitly a fun weekend. Good show Allison Legacy Series.

Milton,

Fantastic job this weekend announcing for us (Allison Legacy Series) as well as all the other series. I had so many positive comments from other folks at the event. Pinacle Racing, Camaro Mustange Challenge, Spec Miata, SRX7, everyone really enjoyed having you at the track. I'm sure you know Shannon with NASA TX was thrilled.

Thank you for being a part of making this years Texas World Speedway event a success. Maybe we will see you at MSR Houston in October. Let us know!

Jay

Allison Series Director

Compcar NC

NASA

Thanks Milton, you did a great job and the FM Broadcast was a cool idea keeping us updated of all that was going on. This would be a great Idea at a circle track event. The fans could listen in during green flag laps just like at a Nascar race PRN broadcast.

What a fun weekend and thanks to all involved. 4 races and two close finishes .009 and .006 seconds on a 2.9 mile road course. I had to eat humble pie getting beat twice by a very talented 13 year old.

I was freaked out about not being at Bristol with my ASA car but whit two wins and two seconds, what fun we had at TWS.

You guys ought to check out the 6 Late Models racing in the Nasa Texas (nasatx.com) road coarse series.

GREAT JOB MILTON!

I know it wasn't easy trying to follow 2.9 miles of racing, espically when you can't see the back part! You did an excellent job.

The Allisons put on a whale of a show. I would like to echo KC11's comments on the abilities of this young phenom...Dillon. A good kid with good parents, and loads of talent. I for one, sure hope the stars can line up for this young man to go places in racing. I'm sure if they do he will continue to perform at the high level he has been for years.

TWS = Loads of fun!

Special thanks to NASA for inviting us out. Also for Bob, Randy & Jay for coming together at one track to put on a Super Show. Hope we can do it again at another track too.

Thanks,

Mel

P.S. Lalo you would have enjoyed our BBQ, will post pics later. :)

Milton,

I can't tell you how many people came up to me and told me how great of a job you did. I hope to hear you again soon.

Bob, Jay, Randy,

That was one great show by the Legacy Series. Our regular roadracers took notice of the cars and the racing on track, most were very impressed.

You guys ought to check out the 6 Late Models racing in the Nasa Texas (nasatx.com) road coarse series.

American Stockcar Challenge

This is a growing series in NASA Texas. There should be 10 or more next year.

Archived