Press Release about Jason Ray

Press Release – For immediate release

Fossil Fuel Motorsports, Kerrville, TX

LOCAL RACE CAR DRIVER FINISHES SUCCESSFUL SEASON

Jason Ray of Kerrville, Tx finished the 2003 season at San Antonio Speedway Saturday night with a 5th place finish in the 7th Annual Oktober Fast.

Ray, who started racing on asphalt tracks in the Texas Asphalt Modified Series (TAMS) in the 2002 season, posted an impressive 2nd season. “We set our sights high at the beginning of this season. We said we wanted to finish in the top 5 in the TAMS points race this year, which was only our 2nd year to race on asphalt”, said Ray Saturday night.

Not only did he finish in the top 5, he finished 2nd in the TAMS which is a traveling series that raced 12 races at 5 different race tracks in Texas. Ray accomplished several other feats along the way, winning the Wichita Falls race, 6 top 5 finishes, setting Pole 4 times and outside pole 2 more times, and 2 track qualifying records, at Houston Motorsports Park and Corpus Christi Speedway (where the LaBonte’s got their start).

“I can’t believe we’ve gone so far in just one year,” continued Ray. “We exceeded all my expectations, but I couldn’t have done it without a great crew and great sponsors, especially Hardin Heating and Cooling (Team Hardin), Parr Performance engines, and The Ranch Radio, all of Kerrville. I also have to thank God for all His protection and blessings. As a race team, we pray first before we do anything”.

To add to the excitement of the season, 26 year old Ray got married in September to Jamie Parr, the daughter of his engine man. Said father Jim Parr, “I don’t feel like I’m loosing a daughter, I’m gaining a race car."

Ray, who is employed by James Avery Craftsman, summed it all up when he said simply “This has really been an exciting year”.

What’s in store for next year? “After you’ve finished 2nd, the only goal you can have for next year is to finish 1st”, said Ray, “but I’d also like to try driving some of the higher performance series like ROMCO or even ASA. I think I can be competitive, and besides, I just love to race. It will all depend on sponsorship. If we can get our current sponsors and enough new ones to move up with us, we’ll give it a try. We are also going to try to race at least 1 winter race – either the Snow Ball Derby in Pensacola, FL or the November Grand American Modified race in Tucson, AZ."

The 2004 season begins in April and runs through October.

Great story.

Have gotten to know Jason and his gang this year, and they are a very friendly and classy group. They do not hesitate to help a fellow racer who needs something, and they are also among the first to congratulate that same racer for a good finish. A very family oriented team I'm proud to know.

This team and several others in the TAMS series are the reasons why it is such a fun class to run.

Archived