Chris Birmingham #9 Super Stocks

hobby74

Everybody knows this guy Chris Birmingham a man that just loves racing and helping fellow racers. Saturday night proved that this man just flat out loves racing. A few weeks ago at Thunderhill Raceway in Kyle Chris blew the motor on the # 9 Super Stock, This would not hold Chris Birmingham back. On Wed. night Chris Birmingham and Jay Simon former ThunderHill Track champion were at a crunch trying to build a Motor from the ground up before finding out that the races were canceled Thursday night. Jay and Chris were already knee deep in grease and oil that Jay decided that they would just get the car finished, so Thursday was a wrap and Friday around Midnight Chris looked at Jay and stated that he just wants to race. Chris did not care were but when. Chris and Jay decided to pull an almost all niter to get the car put together and running before Chris found the when or WIN in his mind "Dirt" Chris said lets just race on Dirt Saturday Night. Chris and Jay on Saturday had unexpected help from the Dirt Track racer Gene #43 street stock from the Leander area that just happen to stop by and give a hand. This was not just a hand that showed up but a whole crew from the #43 Street Stock class from Texas Thunder Speedway in Killeen,Tx. These guys brought tires and gears to the #9 Racing Team to get them out there. Saturday night seemed to be doomed for Chris Birmingham and his crew. The first Heat race or even the first time Chris has even placed a car on dirt went wrong with a grease fitting stabbing the side of the oil pan just 2 laps into the race. The crew on this #9 team and other racers from the track jumped in to help get the oil pan fixed and ready for the main feature. Chris Birminham started the main in the back and made a few good moves to stay out of the way of other racers. Chris did not finishing the race due to a flat tire and a semi wrecked car. After the race Chris got out of his #9 Super Stock or I guess at this time just Street Stock with the biggest smile that this guy has ever had since he found out that he was a father. The first thing out of Chirs Birminham said was "Quote"" holly smokes that was AWESOME". Chris Birminghams did not do so good with not having enough gears and the body of the car almost ripped off but the smile was still there all the way back to Leander TX. Asked what happened on the race track Chris just had to say "respect". I wanted to race but the respect that an outsider should have for a track and other race car drivers should have. I just wanted to stay out of the way even if I was fast I don't know how they drive and they don't know how I drive so the best thing is give a race or two like this I will gain respect and this way the third night out then watch out hopefully we will be a contender one day. Chris and his #9 crew will make the trip to Corpus Christi Speedway just to race another day.

[photo resized by debwill]

post-3-1185801253_thumb.jpg

Archived