South Alabama Speedway

Casey19

Greg was 7th quick in the final practice session

Merrill was 14th

David Machin was at the bottom of the Speed Chart - he purchased Slick Yomen's All Pro Car

Gary Chancellor Jr and Sharon Chandler are there.

Not Yet - they must have gotton detained in Biloxi because they have not made it yet

Congratulations to Casey Smith on his big win at South Alabama Speedway. I look forward to watching Casey race at the AA 400 and the Snowball Derby later on this year........Does anyone know if Casey is planning on racing in the World Classic 150 at the Birmingham Int. Raceway on September 14 & 15.

No Casey is not doing Birmingham - I do know that he is doing maybe Lanier next week-end for the PASS South and ORP and Nashville

Dang I wish I could of made it over there - ended up working all week-end. Casey you should really be proud of what you did to go over to "Alabama" and kick those guys butts is unbelievable - that is the cream of the crop over there - Thanks for showing Texas proud.

Casey's car was unbelievable. He lapped over half the field which included some pretty good cars. I was talking to a race car driver at the motel breakfast bar this morning, and he said Casey just has way more horsepower than the others. Opp and MIS are HP tracks which would tend to bear this out. By the way, there were a lot of us at Opp who have not received our order blanks for the Snowball Derby, and the open ticket buying starts Wednesday. If you have not received your order form, you had better be checking on it.

By the way, there were a lot of us at Opp who have not received our order blanks for the Snowball Derby, and the open ticket buying starts Wednesday. If you have not received your order form, you had better be checking on it.

Don't know what has happened there, Vir, we didn't get ours either. We didn't think to ask why, though...

We already took care of getting ours ordered, but anyone else out there oughta be on the phone Monday.

they all can have the same engine casey has for probally 1/2 the price they spent on theirs in the car now. Just call McGuenegill. Think his super late engine is 16-17k

McGunegills engine lease prices are sweet also.You have to buy Snowball tickets this far in advance?

You have to buy Snowball tickets this far in advance?

If you had reserved seats last year, you have until July 31st to get the same seats reserved this year. All unclaimed seats go on regular sale August 14th.

Just curious when the Texas SLM were the ROMCO Series before USRA what kinda purse did they pay to win? I noticed on google search they would have a full field of cars so I was wondering if the dwendle caar count was because of the purse - Just curious - Thought the South Alabama payout was pretty nice! Plus a points fund payout at the end of the year.

Most of the ROMCO races would pay about $3600, some season enders paid up to $6,000, down to about $150. The winning purse started usually at $3,000 for USRA, but paid $400 to start.

There are a lot of factors that go into car counts, and everyone on this forum can argue what happened to the counts in Texas. You can blame the economy, rules, race procedures, promotion, gas prices, etc. They are all factors, but the bottom line is SLM cars in Texas have always gone through cycles from having a few to having good fields.

In the last 35 or so years, I have seen several of these cycles.

I have never received my Snowball Derby ticket order form either. To get the order forms sent in the mail or order tickets call Five Flags Speedway at 850-944-8400......................Your best deal would be to order the V.I.P. tickets. These are 100 bucks each. This will cover the entire four days of the Derby. This includes your seat in the grandstands and also you can go back and forth to the pit area as many times as you want for all four days.

Archived