what ever happened to?

WildRacer5

Its late and I had a rough week so far and couldn't sleep so I was thumbing through an Old SAS program form 1991 and was wondering what happened to a few of the old LM drivers that I watch as a kid

Timmy Croft

Ken Neal

Audie Howell

Pat Lane

Mike Meeks

I know that this might be a big list but was just wondering what ever happened to these guys

Here you go Late Model result from 05/18/91

1. #47 George Hagy

2. #51 Beaver Stelzig

3. #5 Jason Oates

4. #16 Timmy Croft

5. #85 Pat Lane

6. #10 Buddy Jerkins

7. #36 Steve Reynolds

8. #99 Anthony Jetter

9. #25 Audie Howell

10. #77 Mike Balzer

Sure brings back a few memories for me but I know some of the older more seasoned veterans on our panel will remember a whole lot more.

Pat Lane is an old friend of mine, don't get to see him much because of our schedules, but I think he might still be helping Mike Balzer at SAS. He also works for him at Croft. Lane still has his old SAS car, but hasn't run it in about 5 or so years.

Audie Howell has a brand-new Howe chassis that he is planning to run a few ROMCO races with. This info is from Tommy Grimes who picked the car up in Michigan for him.

I think Mike Meeks is the same one who was running Sprint Cars a couple years ago, but have not heard anything lately about him. He was keeping his car out at Zuehl Airport; the last time I went by there, an airplane was in there.

Haven't seen the other guys around in awhile.

WildRacer5

A couple of others from your 05/18/91 Late Model list:

Beaver Stelzig is back in town and ran a TSRS race this past summer at SAS. Not sure what his future racing plans are.

Anthony Jetter runs the service department at Ancira Chevrolet in San Antonio. He's toying with the idea of dusting off the SAAB 900 TPS car and getting back into racing. I think he may still have his SAS Late Model still in the garage too.

Nick Holt

Jason Oates does in fact help his son Justin. Justin races at SAS. Jason's last race was the Romco Race @ TMS earlier this year.

Audie Howell is Justin Oates uncle and he bought a boat and is spending time with his family. I heard that he ordered an new car from the rumor mill but I have not heard that from him.

Mike Meeks is racing sprint cars.

Thanks for the all the info. I guess since it was so late my post was a little off. I added the results just to put it out there for people to remember, not so much to ask what happened to all those in the finishing order for that night. It is good to hear that nothing bad has happened to those listed in the results. Sorry for any confusion that my late night post might have caused

George Hagy is working at Bill Davs Racing for the 23 stacker 2 team with jim "taco"Landon and Felipe"wiesel"Lopez all are San Antonio Speedway alums. Jim crewed for Bever Stelzeg and Felipe used to work on Ken Neals TIDA cars.

Timmy Croft works for Lawrence Marshall Cheverolet in Hempstead Tx and has either 2 or 3 chuldren with former San Antonio Speedway Trophy Girl Anette( cant remember her maden name) now Croft.

Mike Balzer is still Racing winning the 2002 SAS late model championship and finished 3rd in last nights Octoberfast late model race.

Ken Neal is doing well and ownes Ken Neal's Downtown truck and has a couple of children and now enjoys fishing.The others have been acounted for in previous posts.

Archived