ASA's new plans

WildRacer5

I know that is not Texas Auto racing, but it has been brought up on these forums before. ASA is plannigng on running several races on Superspeedways in 04, now a lot of the romco guys like TMS but there were some that said that the race was boring and uneventful. Now with the recent takeover of another SLM series and the sanctioning of weeking racing in the North East - is ASA moving to the big track to try and compete with NASCAR? I think they will attempt it, however only time will tell but that is my take. I'm sure others will have a take as well.

I don't think ASA is trying to compete with NASCAR.

ASA on a superspeedway is not a new concept; they ran at Michigan and Atlanta a bunch of years ago, when the cars were still basically late-models.

I see them trying to tag along on a weekend with NASCAR, very similar to what ARCA does at some events now.

I agree with txtom also, I think ASA is trying to relate more to nascar. Especially since they have so many drivers make the big move from ASA to either Busch or adventually Cup. It should be good for the sport and most likely get more drivers and maybe expand theyre series and have more opportunitys come theyre way. I dont know for sure but thats my two cents. :unsure:

For example...look at all the drivers that came to run ROMCO when they went to Texas.

• 1 month later...

Archived