Todd Ford at PAS

302cominthru

post-4758-1185121017_thumb.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen - the attached photo is of a paint scheme prior to 1972. I firmly beleive this is the vehicle Clarence Lovell built and raced and later sold to Ford. Notice the three vertical tubes which is part of the front nerf bar on this car and compare that to the photos of Clarence's vehicle. Tell me they are not the same.....more to come so hang on!

when i hear how easy we have it nowa days,,,,,,,brother if you can't get that car to corner you should invest in rope and practice your slipknot...........what are those 32".?

when i hear how easy we have it nowa days,,,,,,,brother if you can't get that car to corner you should invest in rope and practice your slipknot...........what are those 32".?

Not real sure Crazy Horse. I had always heard my older brother say they were 2 feet wide.....can you imagine running those today?

Not 24", but you aren't that far off. As someone who "was there", I will say that my memory recalls 18" on the tires.

I was there too...my problem was I was 9 years old. All I cared about was that my guy was winning - Todd was my guy at the that time. Thanks for the info.

post-4758-1185754500_thumb.jpg

Not only the width on those tires but I bet it took an acre or two to turn it around! And it looks like is weighs a ton!

Toyman - Look at this pic...it proves you can win with the big fat "indy's".........and look, no sponsors. just plain Jane....Yahoo!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
302- Thanks for the comments. Same thing here - one of these days I will get some time to post more photos. I found a bunch more from TWS and Hwy. 16 when I cleaned out my shop recently.

Craig - no worries. God willin' and the creek don't rise, we'll all eventually get to share these great photos with one another. FYI - I finally finished a DVD of all of the photos I had. I scanned them into the computer, and with the help of some killer software, I compiled them into a great video that lasts right at 30 minutes. I sent a copy to Nick Holt so that he can do with it what he wants. I kinda hope he'll post it on this website. Not only are the photos great, but the music is too. Catcha later...

Archived